PC took long time to boot up, help please.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Learner, Aug 19, 2005.

1. tomcole

tomcole

Some free software you may want to run, which is actually good free software-

1. CCleaner - nice little utility to tidy up your system

2. Spybot - nice little program which can find bad stuff that some websites put on your pc. Read instructions carefully though.

#21     Aug 22, 2005
  2. EasyCleaner (EasyCleaner 2.0.6 Build 7) (Author: Toni Arts
    Date: 2005-03-23 Size: 2.7 Mb License: Freeware Requires: Win All
    Downloaded: 265764 Times is a small program which searches Windows' registry for entries that are pointing nowhere. Deleting these entries will speed your computer up. But as you already might know, deleting entries from registry can be dangerous for your computer, so it is wise to make a backup of your registry. On my computer, deleting entries which were pointing nowhere, speeded my computer up! EasyCleaner also lets you delete all kinds of unnecessary files like temps, backups etc. You can search for duplicate files and you can view some intresting info about your disk space usage! ToniArts may not be held accountable in any way if EasyCleaner affects your computer in a negative way.

note from baghdad kid....i swear by the above software...if you decide to dnload it....stay away from the 'duplicate files' menue.....and if you want to 'play' with deleting duplicate files...BE SURE TO BACK-UP before you start.....:D

#22     Aug 26, 2005
  3. Holmes

Holmes

Depends on how old your PC is, if it is older than three years then it may need a bit of a jolt to make sure that the disk is not stuck. The best way to do this is going to the top of your building and then just drop it.

If that does not fix it then you better go out and buy a new one.

:cool:

(PS normally life expectancy is 18 ~24 months before becoming obsolete)

#23     Aug 27, 2005
  4. If you buy cheap junk to begin with, then yeah.

#24     Aug 27, 2005
  5. TGregg

TGregg

No doubt. I built my trading PC in . . . uhm. . . early summer `02, and the only upgrade I've done is the CPU from 2.26 ghz to 3. Plus the main video card on account of how I like to play games.

Over three years, and a couple minor upgrades.

#25     Aug 27, 2005
  6. you may have enabled your antivirus to do "auto-protect" or to "scan files on boot" and so on. disables these features.

#26     Oct 12, 2005