Payrolls Plunge To 88K, Biggest Miss Since Dec 2009, Part Rate At New 30 yr low

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

It topped out, but the real giant drop has been since 2008.

Two things: Slope and Direction.

#51     Apr 5, 2013
  2. wjk

wjk

Austan Goolsbee suggested the numbers were caused by sequestration. [​IMG]

#52     Apr 5, 2013
  3. jem

jem

First you have a quote about robots replacing jobs...

Then you have the quote below... dissing jobs when you could have technology.

So you seem to be pro productivity improvement at the expense of jobs...

Its either that or you hope everyone becomes dependent on leftists?

Here you I saw you dissing jobs... No? Or are you saying technology over jobs?

"At one of our dinners, Milton [Friedman] recalled traveling to an Asian country in the 1960s and visiting a worksite where a new canal was being built. He was shocked to see that, instead of modern tractors and earth movers, the workers had shovels. He asked why there were so few machines. The government bureaucrat explained: “You don’t understand. This is a jobs program.” To which Milton replied: “Oh, I thought you were trying to build a canal. If it’s jobs you want, then you should give these workers spoons, not shovels.”

#53     Apr 5, 2013
  4. Like every other piece of shit commie on this message board, he will "do or say" anything and everything that supports the leftist narrative.

#54     Apr 5, 2013
  5. pspr

pspr

Goolsbee reminds me of a clown. The way he looks, acts and talks. I just can't take him seriously. But he was the perfect fit for Joe Biden.

Bring in the clowns. :D

#55     Apr 5, 2013
  6. jem

jem

but as far as lefties go... when he is pined down he changes the subject instead of lying about his economic framework. In other words he wont say something which goes against his economic beliefs.

In short he still tries to be a real academic. Whereas Krugman is state propagandist.

Which is something I rarely see on the left. Other than a belief they will say anything for more govt power spending and taxes.

#56     Apr 6, 2013
  7. It is easy to start a small business, always has been in my adult lifetime. There are barriers though, you gotta have some capital, business insurance, some cash to make it till some sales come and of course a service or product but those barriers are normal and expected. From my limited experience local, county and state have much more restrictions than the federal government. But again that is as it should be, local and state control.

#57     Apr 6, 2013
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

It's become harder and harder to run a small company, let alone start one. Regulations and processes have become over burdening.

http://www.slate.com/articles/busin...ake_it_incredibly_hard_to_get_a_business.html

And now, you've got to be careful how many employees you have and the hours you work or else you are required to pay Obamacare.

#58     Apr 7, 2013
  9. There isn't much difference running a small business now than before IMO. As long as everyone is competing under the same rules then it should be a level playing field. Example: Bidding government work in construction has always carried more insurance and financial requirements and that raises the cost of doing business but everyone bidding those jobs are working under the same rules so it doesn't change the competitive part. The most efficient or hungry gets the job. There are always excuses on why people can't make it. It's tough in business and always has been. It is easy to start a business and hard to be successful.

#59     Apr 7, 2013
  10. Most of the wingers on this board have never run so much as a popsickle stand.

You are talking to people who know nothing about business besides working for one.

#60     Apr 7, 2013