Payout/Salary structure in top prop firms?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ronin266, Jul 7, 2012.

1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I'm glad you figured out your zombie apocalypse scenario but not how much to pay 80 percent of your staff.

Anyway good luck.

#21     Jul 8, 2012
  2. MRE

MRE

Most of the futures prop firms that I am familiar with in Chicago give a draw of 3k-5k per month and 30% of net to start out. Expenses such as TT, CQG, etc are generally considered top line or traders are charged a flat desk fee per month, also top line. Some pay W-2 others 1099, mostly depends on size of the shop. In my experience there was not a strict restriction to futures only.

#22     Jul 8, 2012
  3. I have everything lol, I only want to compare my numbers to the already existent (and for a long time) structures (As I wrote before), maybe a non considered variable would appear.

MRE, thanks, my numbers are around those 30% plus salary, and a couple of bonuses based on overall and individual performance (+ some small things for the newbies).

#23     Jul 8, 2012
  4. So, looks that the worst had happened. ET is only full of retail people that have no idea about the more professional environment....

P.S. Please don´t send me question about the job, no ET member will be hired.

#24     Jul 11, 2012
  5. Will traders be required to put up a capital deposit or will they be trading firm capital? Big difference between the two.

Also depends on the amount of capital you can give as well as the rates you pay to clear & execute.

As for a blanket statement that no ET'er will be hired that is a pretty ignorant statement. The only people who really know about prop payouts with a salary are those who have worked there. Isn't that your target in terms of paying salaries as well as hiring traders?

#25     Jul 11, 2012
  6. The deal with ET traders is that they already have some bias of the market, and once one have that, it´s almost impossible to change it. With new people it´s much easier to form a workable office and are easier to control, that´s why we decided to only hire raw people to form the right market perspective from the beginning , we´re even declining to old friends that are trading retail with good results. It gonna be like that for the first year-two at least.

Traders will be fully backed, with salary and 25-50% payout + monthly/quarterly bonuses as I stated before.

#26     Jul 11, 2012
  7. emg

emg

u are looking to hire new (rookies) traders because they are "easier to control."

well well well. First u wanted to learn how to fictitious and factual trades. Second, u wanted to learn how to build fictitious/factual risk parameters system. And now, u want to hire a fresh rookie traders (new traders have very little knowledge about trading) using your fictitious/factual trading's system and pay them salary(draw) plus payout %%. In other word, it is so easy to scam new traders by fictitious/factual trade their postitions.

I am looking forward on your next new thread

#27     Jul 11, 2012
  8. Go trade your 1 lot 8000000000 futures account and try to earn something instead of trolling my thread :D

#28     Jul 11, 2012
  9. Hey Ronin,

Have you checked e-financial careers?
    you can find plenty of info there regarding the compensation that firms offer for potential trader hires...
    (usually for high end experienced traders though, not the fresh out of collegue types)

efinancialcareers.com

best of lucks

#29     Jul 11, 2012
  10. The "E" in ET is Entertainment.

First, if the trading group isn't profitable, then maybe only give bonuses to the top 1-2 guys. that's how it works on some real trading desks. it's all group.

say the group makes 200k....then it's all about who might leave, who you like, who really makes a lot of money and you can't afford to leave, etc.... i say forget the structured payouts, since people can game that system and then take off. might happen anyhow.

just get to know the guys. tell them some money goes back into the trading pool, some for marketing, some for better computers, some for vacations, some for added salary next year since not taxed as much. anyhow, it will give them more of an incentive to actually be nice to work with as well. trust me, if you treat them like a monkey, they will destroy the company.

#30     Jul 11, 2012