Paying taxes in advance to make a withdrawal.

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by Carlos_spain, Jan 11, 2020.

1. I am a Spanish investor and I invested with the www.2dots.com platform. It turns out that when making a withdrawal they ask me for some fees in advance. They are based on the European directive 2014/92 / EU. To consult this directive, put on Google "DIRECTIVE 2014/92 / EU OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of July 23, 2014" on the comparability of fees related to payment accounts, the transfer of payment accounts and access to basic payment accounts. I wanted to know if someone has been found like me. If it takes me to pay these fees, they will increase.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. %%
    THE USa does that also for early IRA redemptions/ on ROTH accounts , it only counts for profits, no taxes/penaltys on funds deposited , only profits. But they changed some of that tax free stuff that in 2020.
    I think your guts [guess] are right; try not to take any out, or just do small amount as possible.:caution::caution:, :caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:

3. luisHK

luisHK

?!?
    What OP's problem has to do with IRA?
    Carlos is that a standard brokerage account? I can t make any sense of those taxes on capital (taxes are on capital gains and income)
    New Spanish tax resident here btw

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. luisHK

luisHK

Carlos you might consider editing your full name from the attachments btw.
    I ve never heard anything similar from a regular brokerage account, not sure in case it is a special retirement account
    Never heard of that brokerage either

5. %%
    He may or may not be doing that in an IRA. Same principle, in both cases, the brokerage would prefer you to leave the money there; more profit + less paperwork for the brokerage.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: