Payback

Discussion in 'Journals' started by osorico, Jul 18, 2006.

1. hey osorico...

i went from the bastardized jtrader that my firm was offering to the stand alone version ...6.3

huge difference...more stable and no weird window configurations...

demand an upgrade...

#11     Jul 20, 2006
  2. Geez. Another loser day for THIS account. 93.90 LOSS! I can't seem to trade my way out of the body-bag this account came from!

Starting tomorrow... I am going to make this account primary. IOW, I will trade THIS account all day. My "real" account will take the backseat.

Also interesting, although I don't believe it means anything... In looking at trade details on the RCG site (not through JT platform), I notice every trade I've made so far has the same opposing broker and user id. Seems I have the same opponent all the time. hmmm. :eek: :mad: :cool:

Next train comes though in the A.M. :)

#12     Jul 20, 2006
  3. Thanks chiguy. I think that's what I've got. But it's v5.27 (java based, installed locally); downloaded setup directly from the broker supplied link.

#13     Jul 20, 2006
  4. trade7

trade7

:D

#14     Jul 20, 2006
  5. Well OK. You're posting smilies all over the place... What are you trying to say?

#15     Jul 20, 2006
  6. Over the weekend (actually Friday morning!) I concluded this account is jinxed!!

No trading has occured in this account since last Thursday...Friday morn the power supply on the box used for this account stopped. Rather than gum up my main trading box, (remember, JTrader needs some funky near ancient version of Java) the box is just sitting non-functional.

New power supply(s) will be here tommorrow, Tuesday, morning.

Until then,
    :)

Just in case anyone is curious, replacement power supply...
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153023

2 on the way, one for IMMEDIATE use, 1 for the shelf :D

#16     Jul 24, 2006
  7. Well, it's definately jinxed. No question. LOL

ANOTHER loser day... 128.90 LOSS!
    That's 3 in a row in this account. Very UN-TYPICAL for me, and certainly not a mirroring of my primary account :confused: :)

That said, I am trading in here slightly differently.

1) I am not adhering to my general "time stop" after entering a trade. Instead I'm taking more of a positional-type trade. Combined with hard-stops, this is a problem. I am finding these hard stops to be detrimental given the volatility rather than protective. I will be adhering to my inital time stop strategy, which is to get an initial move in the expected direction within minutes of entry. At least enough of a move to adjust the initial stop in my favor. If not, bail, usually at very small profit/loss or b/e.

2) I am not being agressive. By that I mean I am letting trades ride, right or wrong, until technical targets or stops are hit. This does not work for me, and I know that. Reminds me of the joke...
    Patient to Doctor... when I bend over my back hurts.
    Doctor to patient... don't bend over.
    Generally speaking Im one those guys that play both sides... move, retrace, move, retrace, etc. And I have no problem exiting and re-entering. Commish is not a factor in determining to enter or exit a trade. It's merely a business cost.

Overall, Im going to adopt the techniques I used 3.5 years ago to grow a small account into a not small account. Stay tuned.

#17     Jul 25, 2006
  8. Osorico,

No doubt that you'll get this ghost ship turned around.

Good luck...not that you need it!

MiniDowTrader

#18     Jul 25, 2006
  9. Thanks MDT!

If It blows up I'll Gulag myself. I won't be able to face my family, the ET community, or myself.

Osorico

#19     Jul 25, 2006
  10. Took the day off and went for picnic brunch with the wife.

[​IMG]

#20     Jul 26, 2006