Payback

Discussion in 'Journals' started by osorico, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Payback -- a daily (or less often :confused: ) PnL rather than a journal. Besides feeding (or destroying) my ego, maybe some newbies will be inspired to find their edge. :D

Background

Son-in-law-owes me money. He offered me a mostly blown-up futures account for me to trade (no formal power of attorney however) until January 1, 2007. He assumes ALL tax responsibility.

Account Specifics

1) VERY SMALL approx $2300 :eek: :eek:
    2) J-Trader :eek: :eek:
    3) minis RT Commish (after renegotiation) 3.90
    4) $500 daytrade margin (after renegotiation)

Trading Rules

1) YM and occasionally ER2
    2) Self-imposed max positions, 2 YM, 1 ER2
    3) Self-imposed max loss per trade, $90 + commish
    4) Self-imposed max loss per day, $150 + commish.
    If reached, done trading for AT LEAST that day.
    5) Trades/contracts per day, no limits
    6) RTH (regular trading hours) only!
    7) No pre or after hours trading. Only exception is in the
    case of exogenous events such as war/peace, currency devalue/pegging
    terrorist attacks, power-grid mishaps, political assassinations, etc, etc.
    8) No overnight holds. Flat on or before RTH session end.
    Same exceptions as #7 above.

Self-imposed position limits may be adjusted based on $1000 variances in account balance.
    Self-imposed money rules may be adjusted weekly, based on account balance.

2. Monday, July 17, 2006

3. Sweet! The much anticipated follow-up to "Osorico's Cookbook". I haven't felt this giddy since I heard the release date of "Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest". :D

Good luck Osorico.

MiniDowTrader

4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I am also looking forward to read your journal. You are one of the few traders here whom I like. Good luck!

Also, are you going to share some strategies?

5. Wed, 7/19/06 approx 3:00p EST

I couldn't/didn't get behind this HUGE mofo move in any of my accounts...

1) The monetary size of THIS account kept me shy, and rickety J-Trader didn't add confidence either. I know it sounds like Im making excuses, or even "laying blame" on inanimate objects. Read on. To me it makes sense.

2) All day, mentally, I was on pins and needles. I was not able to get over the feeling that some mid-east news or even some silly earnings report could/would derail the entire day. Coupled with unreal bearish divergences on fast charts, non-inspiring volume, and 15m tick-tock tick-tock price action (very slow, tick by tick moves, with exception of golden hour and as Im posting, the final hour)

Anyway, I took a 73.90 LOSS in THIS account today... 1 failed YM fade mid-day and I got caught. It was very quick and nearly painless given the swiftness of the pain :) fwiw, my primary account did fine, but not due to holding positions. :eek:

Will post THIS accounts partial statement for today, tomorrow morn. Btw, yesterday, tuesday 7/18/06 I did not trade this account.

6. MDT, you've been hanging around ET too long!

7. Thanks Pek!

As for strats, we'll see.

8. volente_00

volente_00

Why don't you just take the money he owes you out of the account ?

:D

9. Because I'm a bastard, and the account balance doesn't cover the loan, which is why I accepted his deal! I want to hand him his head on a platter... I intend to get AT LEAST 100% recovery, AND stick him with the taxes!!

I learned a long time ago, don't lend money to friends or family... But if you do, take a tough-love stance on first signs of flaky payback; you won't be asked to make another loan. :)

Besides, this way is alot of fun :D

10. Wednesday, July 19, 2006

#10     Jul 20, 2006