Pay the rent day for shorts or...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by duard, Feb 8, 2007.

1. i has gains a history lesson, thx

#11     Feb 9, 2007
  2. <i>"imo there's a good chance we'll be at war with iran by springtime. no idea if the mkt would correct on that news."</i>

At this moment in time, another warfront in middle east would create dramatic movement in the stock markets, that you can be very sure of.

#12     Feb 9, 2007
  3. for sure, anything is possible and with an earnings downtick and housing in correction unlike most of the last 4 years, i would be surprised if 100+ oil (and potentially in the 200's based on Hormuz outcome) didn't have at least moderate recessionary influence. as the ING risk doc on the subject also pointed out, Iraq was priced in advance whereas Iran plans are being largely denied at this point

using tactical nukes, or an attack inside israel would also likely rock the boat

you also have the fact that the iraq war was accompanied with an aggressive dollar deval, but at this point they can't play that card without nudging the dollar below 30+ year lows

#13     Feb 9, 2007
  4. T280

T280

I think he's looking at you

#14     Feb 9, 2007
  5. $200 bbl oil would not be mild recessionary conditions. If you think the U.S. balked at $3 gallon unleaded, wait until we see $10 gallon if/when crude hits $200

#15     Feb 9, 2007
  6. not sure why i'm understating it, probably because there are a littany of reasons this market 'should' be down, but hasn't been

#16     Feb 9, 2007
  7. duard

duard

Thank you for that insightful comment.

BTW thanks for your enclosed photo but I think you look better in the pink pumps not blue.

See ya tonight after the market closes....

wink, wink....

#17     Feb 9, 2007
  8. T280

T280

I'll be the one with a ring through my wizzer

#18     Feb 9, 2007
  9. duard

duard

Which is where I need to get back-- in the commodities. They are beginning to roll again.....

#19     Feb 9, 2007
  10. i've been holding steady on doing the same, very close to playing there again also. interesting to see GS downgraded NMX today, somewhat coincident with the turn in the commods this morning

#20     Feb 9, 2007