Pay services that select your picks.

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Neet, Oct 7, 2006.

1. i'm such a moron, i actually googled that....

#41     Oct 14, 2006
  2. hopeful

hopeful

Who is this Cramer fellow and where can I see his trades? Thanks. (search didnt help).

#42     Oct 20, 2006
  3. [​IMG]

#43     Oct 20, 2006
  4. Get on over to thestreet.com and have a look. He hosts a show on CNBC? or one of those channels called "Mad Money". Can't describe the show, you'll have to see it for yourself.

Don-

#44     Oct 20, 2006
  5. I doubt the guy was serious. Couldn't find Cramer on a search?

#45     Oct 20, 2006
  6. Yeah, I thought so at first too, but since he only had 6 posts and he mentioned a search didn't help, I figured he needed to be pointed in the right direction.

#46     Oct 20, 2006
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

mirror, mirror on the wall, who is kindest of them all :p

#47     Oct 20, 2006
  8. hopeful

hopeful

Where I'm at there ain't no Cramers anywhere to be found. I should move to the US - that'd be awesome!

I meant I checked for a user named Cramer on this board BTW.

There is a Cramer on Optionetics, is that the same dude? Cheers.

#48     Oct 21, 2006
  9. Neet

Neet

Stocktradervision sucks.

As of now only highchartpatterns is worth the time spent of the trial.

#49     Oct 21, 2006
  10. konnikov1

konnikov1

Neet, Michael,

there are actually many good services out there. Often the reasons people badmouth them cause either they did not know how to use the recommendations/pick properly or their expectations were unrealistic. Take a look ar Hulbert Digest, he's been following and rating stock newsletters for years.

Let me give you one example so you better understand my point. Cabot - is a very good service. They've been in the business for 30 years and do know what they are doing. This does not mean that you should expect you would make a ton of money with their service in 2005 or 2006. Why? What you should know about them BEFORE you subscribe or at least before your money back period ends?

1. They do not short, i.e. play only one side of the market.
    2. They do stocks only - no ETFs or MF or options ot anything else
    3. You have to buy EXACTLY on the day they introduce a stock as a BUY. You should not buy a stock that they continue rate as "BUY". You should sell when they tell you (and often earlier - can elaborate on that if needed)
    4. You should be patient, agree to diversify (they have up to 12 stocks in their model portfolio) and go in cash when they tell you to. You can count on outperforming S&P in the long run, but you should not expect outperform it every week or even every month.

If all this sounds good for you, you can give them a try (they're honest and their money back guarantee works).

Try AlphaKing. See what they have for free and try one month free. I know one of the key people over there. If you'll need to exchange e-mails with him before subscribing, let me know, will give you his e-mail address (i'd need to get his permission though).

Try owltrades. I respect him much. A little expensive, but is really good. I exchanged a couple of e-mail with him. He also suggested one good service (his cometitors), can find a link if you need.

Can tell you more, but would need to know better what you're looking for.

I agree with Michael - no service can substitute your own work and discipline and knowledge.

#50     Oct 28, 2006