Pay services that select your picks.

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Neet, Oct 7, 2006.

1. buzz

buzz

I would not advice you to part with your money, with any stock pickers..They only want you monthly fee.

I would say put you money in a professional fund and leave it for 5 years. I would say 70% in bonds and 30% in a china/far east fund.

And During the next 5 years learn to trade the market. not risking more than $2,000. and don't trade for the first 2 years, "just study and back test"

#11     Oct 8, 2006
  2. Neet

Neet

Well, in order for them to continue getting the monthly fee they need to provide results. In theory, Im sure they are trying to outperform the major indexes.

There has to be someone out there that is good and honest and uses the monthly fee to further increase his capital therefore his gains.

I just havent found them yet.

I also have heard of highchartpatterns but in order to follow them you must have good experience as a daytrader as their alerts dont work unless factors like volume and/or overall market sentiment are compatible with the alert. They arent a buy or short sort of service, more of a "hey if you know what you are you doing, do this..."

#12     Oct 8, 2006
  3. not really , they just have to learn how to hide their negative trades.
    Somewhere on ET there is a sample how one site did it with spread option's trades , where they showed positive trades only , but "rolled" bad trades to another month

#13     Oct 8, 2006
  4. Neet-- whatever you try, report back in a couple weeks. would like to get honest reviews of some services.

#14     Oct 8, 2006
  5. Neet

Neet

What I meant is that if they intend to keep customers they need to provide positive results. I mean, I wouldnt stay longer than a month if I see constant bad trades.

#15     Oct 8, 2006
  6. Neet

Neet

I will. I'm planning on subscribing to a few of the trials and will do their stuff on paper to see how it goes.

#16     Oct 8, 2006
  7. It seems to me that three things will be necessary.
    • A tradeable verifiable track record of real trades
    • A money back guarantee
    • A free trial.

I trade in the world of unregulated retail spot forex and have not found one service that meets my criteria. So I trade my own money with my own system. I do not trade often with my latest system and am still testing it.

Michael B.

#17     Oct 8, 2006
  8. Neet

Neet

Michael,

How about stocks ? Any experience there ?

Thank you for sharing.

#18     Oct 8, 2006
  9. During the raging bull market before the bubble burst I was in a chatroom named "daytraders online" and I subscribed to Lawrence McMillans fax newsletter for options. I believe I lost 20 k then...I was very young but that was my beginning in my growing ability to lose a lot of money of my own and my parents, so proficiently. I worked at it full time then.

Yes while everybody made and lost their nest egg, I consistently lost money without ever partaking in the rise to riches first.

To this day, I am still trying to partake of the good life while I pour my hard earned money into the market from my full time job. I am getting closer, but still seeking. I do not think the answer lies in giving the responsibility of trading to somebody else. But if I could I would as I only want to be rich with dollars and it does not matter who does it...me or someone else...does not really matter. I am 47 and have waited too long to build my retirement, so its all a gamble now and I need extraordinary returns. Wifey and I both have resolved the only way for us to retire, is to learn how to trade. She now trades too...I have managed to support us for the 19 years of marriage while she has been a homemaker, now trader. I give back to the trading community everything that I can...and try to share.

If you do not believe me then so be it...but who in their right mind would open themselves up to ridicule on an anonymous internet forum like this with a lie?

Michael B.

P.S. I hope somebody reads this post and understands that I am trying to explain that the BEST way too approach trading is to learn how to trade and do your picks yourself. but if there is a service out there that made you rich, well post it here...:) never give up....

#19     Oct 8, 2006
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

spydertrader run stock picks, probl is he run it for free so I guess he is not qualify :D

#20     Oct 8, 2006