PAX Americana

Discussion in 'Politics' started by andrasnm, Oct 25, 2006.

1. You are full of hot air. Just see the tests done internationally and see how California's education system is. Hint, my wife taught in a catholic junior high in San Francisco. So do not tell me how good public education is in the US because you just make yourself look silly.

#21     Oct 26, 2006
  2. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

ahhh, soooo have you considered the possibility that California is one of those demographic areas that I included as an exception?
    "LOOK AT HOW POORLY THESE FOREIGN SPEAKING, ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT KIDS ARE DOING! ... AMERICA IS IN TATTERS!"

The university systems in the US are the most developed on the planet. Why don't you pull your head from your ass and tally up the Nobel Prize winners from the states, than provide us some more insight as too how worthless america is ...

And you sir, are a nob. "DONT LISTEN TO CNBC!!!"

:p

"see how California's education system is"

..clown

#22     Oct 26, 2006
  3. First of all, dummy, international test are in gradeschool level and the best US kids cannot suck the kneecaps of Canadians, Asians and Europeans. THIS IS A FACT! We are not talking about the Higher education system that is a BUSINESS geared towards foreign grad students and the "brain drain".
    So, you as a self-righteous stupid yank, wave the flag, beat your chest and declare victory, you have done it in iraq and vietnam, all the while the world is laughing. Moron!

#23     Oct 26, 2006
  4. Here ya go, mate.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/tables/06s1284.xls

Excel table on US foreign aid to countries around the world. What I suggest is that you take this table, make a nice little column and label it "GDP" and do a little simple math.

#24     Oct 26, 2006
  5. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

"self-righteous stupid yank" ... shall I remind of your initial post and the link with which you so humbly began this thread. You set the tone, not me.

They day I venture onto a foreign website, discussing their markets and declare that country worthless and full of idiots, I'll expect nothing but high praise! "self-righteous and stupid" indeed.

There is no victory to declare. Considering the US is full of former - Asians, Canadians, and Europeans, perhaps they have no-one but themselves to blame. Invading Iraq, including the participation of Australia, Spain, England, Poland, etc ... was an ambitious, yet most likely terribly ill-advised path to pursue.

The public school crisis we are constantly reminded of here is concentrated in certain areas. (hispanic, african-americans). While the standards are being reduced in the name of "fairness" to compensate for those lagging, it is nowhere near crisis level. And despite your dismissal of the Universities as "business Geared", millions of Americans still manage to become educated within them.

In any event, despite our uneducated selves, employment is still below 5%, the economy is booming, and people are clamoring to become citizens. There is no doubt that to remain competitive we'll have to elevate our expectations of ourselves, which becomes difficult the more people right us off... (Which the LEFT is particularly adept at doing lately)

#25     Oct 26, 2006
  6. Name calling will result name calling. If you cannot take it do not dish it out. Still, no matter how you spin it is pubic information how poorly the best US schoolkids perform internationally! We teach them to be confident despite personal shortcomings, how to spell without having ideas and expressing them in context. And ZERO critical thinking of others and self.
    >And you sir, are a nob. "DONT LISTEN TO CNBC!!!"
    >"see how California's education system is"
    >Clown

#26     Oct 26, 2006
  7. Andrasnm, while I'm one of the first to admit that we are a nation in decline, your thread opening article is crap.

Picking out all the negatives while ignoring the positives? That's not journalism- that's hyperbolic propaganda.

#27     Oct 26, 2006
  8. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

You got me. I've been blowing up unnecessarily at times. (And your link set me off)

It's been an awful 5 years, man ... an awful 5 years in terms of the tone of discourse in this country... Not an excuse just a fact. The anonymous nature of the internet is a facilitator of brutish dialog. I'm as guilty as the next, if not more.

later ...

#28     Oct 26, 2006
  9. Arnie

Arnie

Well, thanks for the kind words. But I was really being sincere. If a trade deficit, by itself, is so bad then there should be plenty of evidence for that since we've been running one for as long as I can remember.

#29     Oct 26, 2006
  10. Cesko

Cesko

#30     Oct 26, 2006