Paulson health in question, may be OK now

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by wilburbear, Sep 28, 2008.

1. so's indebting every family in America $10,000 to the Communist Chinese for the benefit of rich greedy stupid wall street bankers who engaged in activities that people knew for years would blow up

we risked nuclear war to protect our way of life from the communists, and this man is delivering the American family to them

THAT is heavy stuff, and 100% true

#11     Sep 29, 2008
  2. I'd have to say that the sum will be higher.

More people will lose jobs. Meaning fewer folks with taxable incomes to allocate the tax burden to.

Oh but wait...the taxpayer might make a profit from this. OK.

#12     Sep 29, 2008
  3. I would urge every persona advocating that this could turn a profit to put up $10,000 of their own money into purchasing this type of "asset" as a gesture of leadership and good faith

mysteriously, nobody has stepped forward to do that :confused:

(Buffet bought preffered stock, NOT troubled assets on the books of the company he bought preffered stock in)

#13     Sep 29, 2008
  4. I hope its from the regret. If not he can rot.

#14     Sep 29, 2008
  5. And it came up AFTER the bailout plan was announced and the classification was changed to a banking institution. Otherwise, he wouldn't have touched it with a 10 foot pole.

Imagine that...the treasurer changing the status of his former employer and the company that he credits his millions to. What a shocker. Oh but he threw in MS to avoid any questionable tactics.

No worries GS - MS won't get a penny of that moeny. Nobody needs to know!

Curious that this bailout came up the day GS took a huge hit. I think if we all start bidding up GS, this bill may dissipate.

#15     Sep 29, 2008
  6. Nah. Probably stressing out because he doesn't know how to allocate it amongst his wall street buddies.

Or he really wanted 700 Trillion but some derelict intern fucked up with the typo.

#16     Sep 29, 2008

7. We were indebted to the Chinese long before this....what is sad is that most people are just now realizing it (not necessarily you).

I don't deny that Wall Street played a huge role in the problem. However, if Americans weren't so inclined to finance EVERTHING, maybe we wouldn't be in this position.

You play the hand you are dealt....there are not many options at this point....ask the guys trading credit.

#17     Sep 29, 2008