Paulson Has done a Bang up job!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Bogan7, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Pabst, your logic escapes me.

I hope you aren't "cheerleading" the fact that the 30 year, 10 year, and 2 year T-Bonds spiked in price yesterday with yields hitting all-time lows - - - not too mention the fact that 1-year Bills were trading at a ZERO yield. That would not be something I would want to be proud of . . . for obvious reasons.

#41     Nov 21, 2008
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Guaranteeing the underlying paper would remove the *problem* thats demanded the unending transfer of money and legislative authority, from Public to Private Hands.

Remove the problem and there's no impetus for further raping and consolidation.

Thats the point.

#42     Nov 21, 2008
  3. #43     Nov 21, 2008
  4. sprstpd

sprstpd

What crap. Why don't you and Cramer go have your own "reinstate the uptick rule" party? It is just complete garbage. If the uptick rule was so important, how come financial stocks got hammered after shorting was declared illegal on them?

#44     Nov 21, 2008
  5. Is you READING COMPREHENSION always stuck at the 5th grade level???

I never mentioned anything about disallowing shorting.
    That wasn't the point that I was making.

In fact, I thought that disallowing shorting in financials was yet another absurd policy change by Chairman Cox given that it took away the opportunity to "hedge" by investors and funds that usually buy convertible bonds. Duh.

The "uptick" rule ( and the point that I made in my previous post which appears to have escaped you ) is important in that it allows the VELOCITY of the ENTIRE MARKET to slow down, which then allows for market participants to "process" what is going on.

Feel free to let me know when you are able to comprehend at a level above 5th grade - - - and are able to make a distinction between financial stocks AND the entire stock market, not too mention the absurd logic that you use to make such a nefarious connection between outlawing shorting of financials and the VELOCITY of the marketplace.

#45     Nov 23, 2008
  6. Rube ??, I thought you liked rubes, Palin fits the definition in every way. The dollar rising doesn't mean Paulson is doing a good job does it? Don't you think in the long term the bail out will hurt the dollar? He may be doing better than he appears but he damn sure isn't doing a very good job explaining what he is doing and where we go next or in being able to discuss in detail what is going on. I know he is smart enough to communicate what is happening and it makes one wonder why he doesn't.

#46     Nov 23, 2008
  7. hawk24

hawk24

Nobody should be in the market who needs the market velocity slowed down.
    If you are getting hurt in this market you have no business trading. That goes for anyone be it the hedgefund Manager or Mutual Fund Manager to the little guy. What should it matter if the fools blow up. Leave the uptick rule out.

#47     Nov 23, 2008
  8. Wasn't there an uptick rule in place during the crashes in 1987, 1997 and 1998?

#48     Nov 23, 2008
  9. Jachyra

Jachyra

All you're doing is regurgitating what Cramer says word for word.... not very original... and not very accurate either.

#49     Nov 23, 2008
  10. sprstpd

sprstpd

So you are saying that if you have the uptick rule in place, the velocity of the downward movement in stocks will be minimized. But then I say that all shorting was banned on financials not too long ago and still the financials got hammered. And then you say I am an idiot. Please reread the first two sentences above and tell me if there isn't a contradiction in what you are saying.

#50     Nov 23, 2008