Paulson - a complete and utter tool.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Ivanovich, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Nine people so far seemed to think so. I guess you're a bit on your own.

#11     Jun 24, 2008
  2. :D

#12     Jun 24, 2008
  3. Given that he was one an All-American lineman at Dartmouth (a rare honor to an Ivy League player) I doubt many ET'ers will be whipping Paulson any time soon.

#13     Jun 24, 2008
  4. With all due respect. Henry Paulson is 62 years old. I am sure a few ET'ers could whoop his ass.

#14     Jun 24, 2008
  5. If you can't kick a 62 years ass go jump off a cliff

#15     Jun 24, 2008
  6. taodr

taodr

Here is a quote made yesterday from someone knowledgeable about Paulson:

It strikes me that this Israel-Iran confrontation is mostly about trying to keep the high oil prices elevated. A skeptic could even point to the oil lobby pressure on the US government to open up drilling in heretofore environmentally protected regions.

I am also suspicious of the Goldman Sachs pressure, which is playing into the Treasury Secretary’s hands. Of course the man, Mr. Moral Hazard himself was the previous head honcho at Goldman. I am so suspicious of this that I’m now waiting for John Thain at Merrill Lynch to push their analysts to make a similar report.

These are the reasons that people rise to positions of power. They and their friends make enormous wealth when they issue “analytical” reports that are favorable to their positions and to cause the enactment of favorable legislation. When we speak of bought-and-paid-for politicians and analysts, these are the people behind the moves.

#16     Jun 24, 2008
  7. Ahem. Chuck Norris is 67.

And btw. I'm so proud of you guys. Not one person said, "Oh yeah, he's rich. "

Of course, it's a pretty new thread.

#17     Jun 24, 2008
  8. LOL so what. Even Chuck Norris in his prime would get whooped by any amateur MMA fighter.

BTW, it's really funny to see anyone call Paulson a fool. The fools are you guys, to think that Paulson has any real power.

Even more funny is that after all the insults, you guys still listen and care what he says. And probably hope that he will eventually do the "right" thing.

The irony!

#18     Jun 24, 2008
  9. #19     Jun 24, 2008
  10. Cutten

Cutten

That reminds me of cricket legend Don Bradman (1930s-40s cricket version of Babe Ruth, but even better compared to his peers), who was being interviewed by a younger international player and asked his views on the current world cricket scene:

Interviewer: "So Sir Donald, some people think the game has moved on since you were at your peak between the wars. How well do you think you would fare against the current crop of bowlers?"

Bradman: "Well, I think I could do ok, maybe average about 50" (a batting average of 50 is world class)

Interviewer: "Oh, only 50?" (Bradman averaged 99.6 in his career, over 60% higher than the second highest batsman ever, at about 60)

Bradman: "Well Dean, you've got to remember - I'm 83 years old!"

#20     Jun 25, 2008