Paul Tudor Jones

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bentedges, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Aside from a few long term printouts, I didn't see him using charts during the trading day. His screens seemed to be populated with numbers ("tape") more than anything else.

#52     Jul 27, 2009
  2. Quite perceptive comment. Tape reading coupled with good risk management is the true Holy Grail of the market. A very hard skill to acquire/master...but it's the supreme edge.

#53     Jul 27, 2009

3. peter borish is/was a huge market cycle/ gann proponent.

most real traders don't use charts to trade, although they do use them for long term analysis and for explaining concepts.

surf

#54     Jul 27, 2009
  4. Johno

Johno

As with most books also there is at least one original observation.
    Here there are a number well worth taking note of!

#55     Jul 27, 2009

5. i would take that a step further by saying tape reading is the ONLY edge available for a trader who isnt on the "inside" or cracked some kind of market structure code. trying to trade from a chart is foolishness--proven again and again but they seem to like the pretty pictures and would of could of should of talk of trading in the past.

surf

#56     Jul 27, 2009
  6. EPrado

EPrado

What do you know about "real traders" ?

This should be good.......

#57     Jul 27, 2009
  7. What's Peter Borish up to these days? I wonder if he regrets leaving Tudor Investment Corporation?

#58     Jul 27, 2009
  8. EPrado

EPrado

Reading the tape?

What year are you in.....1987 ?

With algo's controlling most of the volume these days good luck trying to read the tape.

You have hit a new high on the clueless indicator.

#59     Jul 27, 2009
  9. Nattdog

Nattdog

Beautiful old tree. What a treasure.

#60     Jul 27, 2009