Paul Tudor Jones - what were his returns *after* Market Wizards?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cutten, Dec 1, 2008.

1. zdreg

zdreg

is that a eulogy where the facts are not mentioned?

#11     Dec 1, 2008
  2. Lies are also private! That is what they always say when truth/facts are sought.

That is why people like him do not manage public funds as they know that he cannot spin things, as facts are public.

#12     Dec 1, 2008
  3. there are no facts, just lies believe me. If it were true he would have volunteered the information himself.

#13     Dec 1, 2008
  4. tgtrader

tgtrader

Yes, records of their year-over-year returns are private so it will be very difficult if not impossible to get them. But, he certainly has not lost his touch (he made ~$750m in 2006 alone).

#14     Dec 1, 2008
  5. I am challenging anyone in the world who think he is the best in the world to face me.

#15     Dec 1, 2008
  6. To get a big number "for instance 750M", multiple a small number by a big number.

For instance if 2% is his fee, (750*50)M as managed funds will get that sort of money. Risk free to him, max risk to the idiots who bought hype.

#16     Dec 1, 2008
  7. Let me tell you something folks:

There are some traders here on ET, who I believe are a 1000 times better than a hundred of Tudors.

The difference is that the Tudors know how to spin, and make an aura.

The good folks here on ET whom I respect are humble folks, so they get some people walk on their toes.

The winners here on ET need no lecturing or advice from me, but I would love theirs.

As for the small trader who may have lost money, do not be small inside yourself.

You are only as small as you feel, but taller than you ever thing, if you can just get up and do not alwasy stand with your knees down.

#17     Dec 1, 2008
  8. There are a number of ways for a hedge fund to get in trouble and produce false returns. I'm not saying it's happened here. I've seen 3 up close.

Who is the auditor?

#19     Dec 1, 2008
  9. So he restructured so that in one side the winners, and the other side the losing position.

In the winner side he will say I am great.

In the loser side he will use time to save his ass (if any).

You can do the same and claim how great you are!

The article just confirmed what i wrote without even reading about the guy.

He is not good in the steak, he is good in the sizzle. But people bought the sizzle as if it is steak. There is no steak, except rotten steak.

Do you know believe RFT or not?

If RFT can read market, what about one little head such as the Tudor head. It has just peants in it, except the art of advanced "scamming" such as restructuring,

#20     Dec 1, 2008