Paul Tudor Jones videotape

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by barthowb, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Just rip it and put it up, be a nice guy ya know :)

#11     Jul 20, 2002
  2. is he a market maker or a bro... we'll find out...

#12     Jul 20, 2002
  3. What's the read, New?

#13     Jul 20, 2002
  4. I am bidding here for a copy in DIVX or MPEG format. Anyone?

#14     Jul 20, 2002
  5. To all who Pm'd me expressing interest in buying. If I decide to sell I'll advertise it on ebay and y'all can bid it to the moon :D

Dug it out of the archives and going to watch it again tommorrow.

Also, noticed I have almost a full set of the Alex Elder videos on various topics. (indicators, triple screen trading , etc) if anyone has interest. And maybe 150 trading books. Maybe time for ebay garage sale. :p

#15     Jul 22, 2002
  6. a true opportunist. thank you anyway. as I mentioned, it's a curiosity, and less of one now.

#16     Jul 22, 2002
  7. And where was it about folks? What were the real gems in it?

#17     Jul 22, 2002
  8. Is there a good article on Paul Tudor Jones? Can't find anything on the internet and don't want to buy those Market Wizards books.

That guy keeps low profile except for his oddly named Robin Hood foundation.

#18     Jul 22, 2002
  9. Andre

Andre

don't want to buy those Market Wizards books.

Have you read 'em? I'm not sure they're that applicable to the average undercapitalized joe. But they're still a good read. And some traders that are in their league have told me they re-read those interviews every couple of years. Especially since about half of them have had complete reversals of fortune. FWIW.

Is there a good article on Paul Tudor Jones? Can't find anything on the internet.

That's interesting to know. Maybe we can try to interview him. However, something that might be of interest to you, kind of a tangent, really... is a guy who worked with Paul Tudor Jones, Scott M. Kaminsk.

Kaminsk is a global money manager and trading mentor with more than 18 years of experience... he worked with Tudor Investment Corporation, in Manhattan, for eight years as a stock, interest rate, and currency fund manager, and also as a consultant with Bellwether Partners. During this period he successfully worked on coaching/mentoring Paul Tudor Jones.

If you're really curious about Paul Tudor Jones, Kaminsk's description of his Trader Development Program for his mentoring/coaching clients might interest you:

http://www.innerworth.com/iwinfo/Kaminski.asp

#19     Jul 25, 2002
  10. Andre

Andre

Hmm, well... I spoke too soon.

I chatted up one of our directors, who has some connections to many of the folks interviewed in the Market Wizards books, and he said that after the book was published Tudor-Jones made a concerted effort to avoid all publicity. Anyone, including himself, in the Tudor organization that appeared anywhere in the press was fined $1,000, which went to his Robin Hood Foundation.

That's probably why you haven't found anything on the 'net. I've heard of several caes where they later regretted doing the interviews. Some of these guys just don't like publicity. And really, if you're not looking for money or selling something, who needs it?

#20     Jul 25, 2002