Paul "The Man" Tudor Jones in the NYT

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Maverick1, Oct 13, 2007.

1. :D :D

just noticed, pretty frightening.

#41     Oct 15, 2007
  2. Then perhaps that is why PTJ tried to quash the video. Makes sense.

#42     Oct 15, 2007

3. i spoke to p*ter b@rish--- co star of the film--- he acted like he had no clue about it. very strange!

#43     Oct 15, 2007
  4. Joab

Joab

Ummm I'm confused :confused:

Is this saying he thinks the market is due or is it saying Procter thinks the market is due for a correction?

#44     Oct 15, 2007
  5. You are once again underestimating our surf. He has had more name changes here at ET than Zsa Zsa Gabor. Imagine the collective post count! Why, just this morning, I looked at the most recent book review on ET's home page for "A Mathematician Plays the Stock Market." Go to the review page, and you will see a review for this book by austin spare. I had totally forgotten this obscure alias of his. And, true to form, he uses his typical references: "classic," "trading masses," etc. And, of course, there is the requisite journalistic misspelling.

#45     Oct 15, 2007
  6. Landon Thomas Jr., the NY Times correspondent who wrote that story in last Saturday's paper, managed to track down no one other than yours truly from my old ET posts (offering new sets of the Jack Schwager Trading Course below wholesale on behalf of someone in need, with "Trader" as a free thank-you bonus from me) and persuaded me to let him have "Trader" for $295, on Sep. 25th.

Naturally, I was reluctant, but ultimately relented... strictly for the sake of supporting independent free press and quality investigative journalism in this land, of course.

(Michael Caine's character, reluctantly accepting some royal jewels in the nonpareil opening scene of "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels": "But... for the children." But I digress.)

That's where Thomas' reference to "On the Internet, bids for the video start at $295" comes from. Cute. Bid, ask, whatever.

#46     Oct 15, 2007
  7. There is a good chance the crash can happen in 2007-2008. In fact it probably started already. If so it will also be earth shaking, saber rattling. Every single Asia boom has been met with a bust. Japan, Indonesia, Korea IMF bailout, and now finally China.

My only regret will be knowing I don't have $1 Billion to put on this play.

With -1,350 DJI points for a halt, and a -2,700 inverted Everest cliffhangers for a shutdown, it will make the 500 or so point '87 move look like an anthill. Deep inside every trader is a curiosity that wants to see circuit breakers get hit just one time, just to know what it's like. After all, why else are they there for.

#47     Oct 15, 2007
  8. The article is a bit misleading if not deceptive on the opening quote. They are merely describing Tudor's prediction of 87.
    He is presently bullish due to the rate cuts, according to the article.
    As for pretcher, last I checked he's still waiting for the typhoon to kick in since the conquer the crash book in 2003.

#48     Oct 15, 2007
  9. PhiliC

PhiliC

What is a gann pinwheel. Who is S*Ross?

I've got a first edition Merger Mania - Ivan Boesky published by Holt Rinehart and Winston. Is this book worth anything?

I met the man at a book signing back in 1985 in lower Manhattan when I purchased it.

#49     Oct 15, 2007

10. nice observations, thanks. i concur with your conclusion.

regards,

surf

#50     Oct 15, 2007