Paul Ryan: rape just a "method of conception."

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Last week, Paul Ryan gave an interview in which, defending his position that there should be no excuses for abortion, he referred to rape as a "method of conception."

Wow, right? Talk about a benign euphemism. Rape -- RAPE! -- is now a "method of conception." You know, like love-making, just without the love.

There could be no greater testament to the utter abdication of responsibility by what passes for a "news" media in America in 2012 than that, despite the grotesquerie of this cavalierly callous comment, chances are better than good that this is the first you're hearing of it.

Here, watch it -- and try to figure out why this has gotten NO MAINSTREAM MEDIA play (not even here at the Huffington Post) despite it being, to my mind, a far more offensive remark than Todd Akin's imbecilic blurt of last weekend. What, are we tired of stupid remarks about rape now, so Ryan gets a free pass?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-slansky-/paul-ryan-said-something-_b_1832377.html

2. Yannis

Yannis

What he said has nothing to do with what you're implying. His position (with which, in a broad sense, I disagree) is that a human life is a human life regardless of the way it was conceived. It's a very traditional way of looking at this. However, together with millions of others, I would favor the exceptions of rape and incest in allowing abortions if the mother insists, and, of course, in case the mother's life is in danger.

And since we're talking about moral things, here's a good quote from the New Testament: "Luke 6:42 ...how can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,' when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother's eye."

Like in many areas of political debate, liberals overanalyze various staments from conservatives, looking for the most minute indication that perhaps some rule was broken, intentionally or by accident, and make a huge issue of any examples... While forgetting that their party supports the current brutal and blood-thirsty system that oversees the cold-blooded murder of over a million of American babies every year, mostly black and mostly female... That's the real shame and crime, not what Ryan very correctly said.

3. I'm sorry I just don't see the affinity for blacks and abortions as an altogether bad thing in a societal sense.

It's unfortunate and all that they got knocked-up but if the parents don't even want the children then where does that leave the rest of us?

I mean bob barker used to always say "spay and neuter your pets" at the close of each show and we don't even have cradle to grave "social programs" for pets.

4. Yannis

Yannis

Take a deep breath, PT, relax, clill :)

5. Brass

Brass

Does overt racism get any clearer than this?

6. Funny , I support a liberal policy (right to abortion) on an issue ANNND a liberal douchbag calls me a "racist" classic:D :D .

7. Just stating the obvious, the right to abortions does have it's benefits to a society like ours(welfare state).
    I'm not commenting on the morality of abortion.

8. Brass

Brass

Yeah, like you really finessed your underlying message, eh? FOAD.

9. When I found he was from "lower Alabama", I now know there is little this guy can say that would surprise anyone with a brain. I thought for a moment he was Past Prime, but he blew up his journal, so there went that idea.

10. So let me get this straight , now you have changed your position and are against having the civil right to abortions?

#10     Aug 28, 2012