Paul Ryan is either a chameleon, a flip-flopper or a liar.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

And Ricter, I will give you credit that you at least make an attempt to criticize you're own side from time to time. Not like our friends Brass and Free Thinker.

#21     Aug 13, 2012
  2. You must understand the mind of the leftist. You see, the leftist is a pure intellectual, therefore they can evolve in their thinking when "shown the way" by a more evolved leftist. Obama just needed a little more instruction in order to get his mind right. Republicans, on the other hand, are simple minded neanderthals, incapable of any progression in their thought process. Sorry, you're just too stoopud for their educational process.

#22     Aug 13, 2012
  3. yeah it is anti human rights to force people to do things. We have a Constitution that spells out our rights in this nation. health care isn't one of them, but liberty is. It is not the govt's role to force people to purchase products or pay taxes for things that they don't want or agree with (unless they are Constitutionally obligated).. that is oppressive. Obama, the dem party, "progressives" in general are authoritarian, you want to tell adults what they can and can't do, and enact policies forcing them to participate in whatever you deem fair or necessary. I can't think of anything more anti-human rights than taking away individual freedom. As a free people we get to make decisions for ourselves, the only limiting factor should be when one's actions violate the rights of another person. Entitlements are not rights, they are at best miscalculated attempts at charity and at worst huge vote buying mechanisms. The guys who started the place knew that and excluded these things from the powers of federal government. The last sentence is not an opinion.

#23     Aug 13, 2012
  4. wjk

wjk

Everyone?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cbo-obamacare-will-leave-30-million-uninsured

On the same day the Supreme Court issued its ruling, President Barack Obama delivered a speech in which he said 30 million Americans presently without health coverage will now have the opportunity to obtain affordable health plans.

“If you’re one of the 30 million Americans who don’t yet have health insurance, starting in 2014, this law will offer you an array of quality, affordable, private health insurance plans to choose from,” said Obama.

However, as the CBO concludes, despite all the new government regulations and bureaucracies, taxes and subsidies created by Obamacare, there will still be 30 million uninsured people in the United States a decade from now."

#24     Aug 13, 2012

5. TRYING. over the objections of the right wingers like the guy above.

#25     Aug 13, 2012
  6. Somalia must be utopia for guys that think like you do.

""progressives" in general are authoritarian, you want to tell adults what they can and can't do,"
    so are progressive the ones trying to ban gay marriage, abortion ect?

#26     Aug 13, 2012
  7. wjk

wjk

The Libertarian above had no objection to getting everyone healthcare. He objected to changing an entire system for the minority because it put far too much power into the hands of the untrustful in DC. Other methods would have worked. I won't waste my time repeating them since I posted those ideas many times during the debate.

Now we find out still many are going to be without, even though a different outcome was promised. Just thought I'd point out some lies while on the subject of politicians lying.

#27     Aug 13, 2012
  8. are you trying to claim that if only obama had not done obamacare the republicans would have found a better way?
    republicans have stonewalled every attemt at reforming healthcare for at least 50 years.

#28     Aug 13, 2012
  9. No, progressives are the ones trying, quite successfully I might add, to curtail religious freedom, which they don'tvalue anyway, and to use the power of government to punish businessmen who are guilty of wrongthinking.

Liberals didn't really hold obama's gay marriage position against him, because they knew he was lying about it. That's why they could let him slide but excoriate any republican who held the exact same view.

Who really gives a crap what a VP nominee thought years ago about Ayn Rand? I mean really. We have a president who was mentored and financed by Billy bomber Ayers. If that's not important, nothing about Romney or Ryan's pasts are either. And if Ayers isn't enough, I give you Jeremiah Wright. Of course, Obama has dropped them like bad habits. Kind of like Ryan did Ayn rand I guess.

#29     Aug 13, 2012
  10. wjk

wjk

I'm not saying they would have. I am saying that the way it was done could have been done other ways, but the dems with unchecked power chose the way that granted them the most power while still not achieving the stated goal.

#30     Aug 13, 2012