Paul Ryan is crucifying Steven Miller

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., May 17, 2013.

1. wjk

wjk

I often feel that way about lefties I know personally. Glad you retain a sense of humor.

#31     May 17, 2013
  2. The lefties are probably too wrapped up in their own mind.
    I laugh a lot around kids. I was the bank today and a child squealed in the background and the teller winced and the sound made me smile. I have my adult moments where I'm a funny SOB, sometimes a little dry. Back in the day when I worked with the men on the job I joked and laughed all the time, I didn't have much money then but I was content and happy and had the hard body that goes along with hard work.

#32     May 17, 2013
  3. wjk

wjk

#33     May 17, 2013
  4. jem

jem

Excessive indulgence of one's own appetites and desires. self -in·dul gent

---

if excessive is subjecting essentially any person who thinks about sex, food, shelter is open to the critique.

however, for the sake of argument lets exclude the lower parts of mazlow hierarchy.

Any person who has the time money or brain power to post post work work on self actualization or mastery of anything is self indulgent... correct?

Now let go any step over food, clothing shelter.

If you have the time to post on et your are self indulgent.

next step...

so somewhere over the food, shelter clothing level we become self indulgent.

You want women... you stay in shape... self indulgent.
    you want power.... self indulgent.
    knowledge.... same thing.

the list runs on.

---

Max you are correct.
    Trust but verify.

Whether you call in self indulgence or maximizing utility.
    That is what most humans do.

I run my business understanding others will maximize their own well being. (because they do all the time) For instance an agent in my office came in yesterday and said he is not being paid his 14,000 referral fee. (some of that was mine... as invested in the website which generated the initial lead.)

He was surprised. I was not surprised in the least.

99 percent of the real estate agents in CA do 1-4 deals a year right now.

So how many would not maximize their own utility and keep your money if they can. I would say 90 percent of the 99 percent maybe more.

--

So it is my mistake if I trust them with too much money or responsibility... I therefore don't put them in charge of big chunks of my money or business. I diversify.

In essence that is why trust is earned and not given.

#34     May 18, 2013
  5. Ricter

Ricter

"Trust but verify."

I've always found this a little funny. If you trust then you don't need to verify. Should read, "doubt and verify".

#35     May 18, 2013
  6. Wow jem that was one long rambling post you got here. Was that self indulgent,? You be the judge.

#36     May 18, 2013
  7. pspr

pspr

I used to be that way with your posts but eventually I learned not to "Trust" what you write and discovered that there is no point in trying to "Verify" any of it because it is almost always wrong, made up or irrelevant to the discussion.

#37     May 18, 2013
  8. Well, that is a good thing.:)

#38     May 19, 2013
  9. wingers never get the blatant contradictions almost all of them hold.

#39     May 19, 2013
  10. We hold power in every institution that matters. So, who are the freaks? That's right, you are.

#40     May 19, 2013