Paul Ryan Hypocrisy Revealed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

Mav, you can be such an oily character sometimes. "Cancer's tough, so take your insults like a man." Really? Put a lot of thought into that one, did you? It shows. Ricter goes out of his way to remain civil despite the barrage of insults every one of his posts garners. If anyone has a right to place people on ignore, it it would be Ricter. Meanwhile, the characters he identified who have others on ignore give far worse than they get. And you single out Ricter? Hypocrisy much, Mav?
    Oh, and I absolutely love this part:
    So for Ricter to avoid being insulted he should work on not being a Democrat? Got it.

#31     Aug 14, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Thanks for the props, but I do wonder why you don't use ignore more yourself. I know you run Response Equity<sup>TM</sup>, but you must enjoy flinging insults as much as the guys who insult you do...

#32     Aug 14, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

Bullshit. The content I had often and repeatedly posted was either ignored or mischaracterized. Or plain, flat out insulted. Incentive much? Meanwhile, when I gave as good as I got, you hid behind an apron but continue to spew insults from behind cover. Manly, yes. And Mav has yet to educate you as he is presently endeavoring to educate Ricter, so he must like it, too.

#33     Aug 14, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Self righteous indignation.

#34     Aug 14, 2012
  5. Brass

Brass

There is some truth to your observation. It wasn't that way years ago when I first joined ET. I was a bit like you, though I never quite had your level of forbearance. And when my playful jabs in response were met with outright hostility, I figured "Why take a knife to a folding chair fight?"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/javSZpWtodk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(Special thanks to darkhorse for that find.)

#35     Aug 14, 2012
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Huh? Brass, your reading skills are slow today. I precisely said Ricter was NOT getting insults thrown at him because he was a democrat. Re-read what I wrote. I said it had to be more then that. And I don't believe in relative morality where you defend bad behavior by pointing out other bad behavior. Surely your father taught you that growing up. Maybe not...

At any case, I told Ricter that NO ONE should be using the ignore feature. Obviously you have a special place in Max's heart to be on his but I personally think he should take you off ignore. I'm not lecturing Ricter, I'm simply explaining to him that people are not attacking him randomly here. He is part of the problem. Yes, I believe Ricter is FAR more civil and respectable then you and free thinker and some others. I have told this to Ricter many times. I simply think he should look within and see if maybe, just maybe, there is something he can fix internally.

#36     Aug 14, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Translation: Gabby is really a misunderstood good guy and none of the insults that fly here daily are any of his fault. It's all those evil US conservatives fault.

#37     Aug 14, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

You mean before you were banned? Gotcha....

#38     Aug 14, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

Meanwhile the bad haircuts on your side of the aisle, some of whom are bona fide racists by the way, hurl vulgarities at others while using ignore. When was the last time you directed them to a little introspection?

#39     Aug 14, 2012
  10. To be fair, as Ivan pointed out to me and to which I had no argument, if you believe someone just has no value, then you should put them on ignore. I put Luke on ignore, but just long enuf so he could calm the fuk down and be his regular redneck self. I was worried that he might be going over the edge there for a minute.

But overall, I agree with you that here in the basement, ignore is just not cooth. I would like to think that everyone that comes here comes with a think skin.

#40     Aug 14, 2012