Paul Ryan Hypocrisy Revealed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 14, 2012.

1. IT seems that paul ryan is a typical republican hypocrite. he wants to cut spending for the other guy but has his hand out for all he can get for himself:

Ryan sought stimulus funds while decrying program
    JANESVILLE, Wis. — In 2009, as Representative Paul Ryan was railing against President Obama’s $787 billion stimulus package as a “wasteful spending spree,” he wrote at least four letters to Obama’s secretary of energy asking that millions of dollars from the program be granted to a pair of Wisconsin conservation groups, according to documents obtained by The Globe.

The advocacy appeared to pay off; both groups were awarded the economic recovery funds — one receiving a $20 million grant to help thousands of local businesses and homes improve their energy efficiency, agency documents show.

Ryan’s letters to the energy secretary praising the energy initiatives as he sought a portion of the funding are in sharp contrast to the House Budget Committee chairman’s image as a Tea Party movement favorite adamantly opposed to federal spending on such programs.

Ryan’s views are garnering new attention since his selection Saturday as Mitt Romney’s running mate.

http://bostonglobe.com/news/politic...lus-program/qkXIN2eHgyt4yyBSH81WEJ/story.html

2. Max E.

Max E.

Attacking Ryan for spending stimulus funds once the bill was already passed is bullshit, once Paul Ryan knows that the Stimulus is going to be spent anyways, he has a duty to the taxpayers in his district to get as much of it as possible, because they are on the hook for it anyways.

I:ts not like If Paul Ryan didnt try to procure some of the funds they were just going back into the treasury.

Im sure most people would have gladly let themselves off the hook for their part of that garbage bill but thats not the way it works.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Hey free thinker, still waiting for you to name on other politician other then Ron Paul who is not a hypocrite. Tick tock tick tock. Come on dude, step up to the challenge. I'm not asking for ten, just one person.

4. Paul Ryan. He has voted with the GOP over 90% of the time. Is that close enuf?

5. i see you quoted maverick. that guy aint too bright. i have had him on ignore for almost a year now and he still hasnt figured it out? still asking me questions. lol

6. Maverick74

Maverick74

You can't name the guy free thinker is calling a hypocrite as a guy who is NOT a hypocrite. Talk to free thinker. It's his thread. You're disagreeing with him, not me.

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

The ignore feature is for the weak and feeble minded. The shoe fits you well.

8. Well, I am quite surprised to hear you say that, John.

9. But, it was YOU who asked the question, no?

10. Brass

Brass

Did you mention this to Max and Scataphagos, your ideological soulmates?

#10     Aug 14, 2012