Paul Ryan giving serious thought to jumping in

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ryan for President?

Paul Ryan is in the final stages of deciding on a presidential run.
    10:18 AM, Aug 16, 2011 • By STEPHEN F. HAYES

Wisconsin congressman Paul Ryan is strongly considering a run for president. Ryan, who has been quietly meeting with political strategists to discuss a bid over the past three months, is on vacation in Colorado discussing a prospective run with his family. Ryan’s concerns about the effects of a presidential campaign – and perhaps a presidency – on his family have been his primary focus as he thinks through his political future.

continued...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/ryan-president_590273.html

2. Illum

Illum

They hate their line up. Tried to toss in Perry, nobody likes him. Try again.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

"They" didn't toss in Perry. The establishment HATES Perry. He went in on his own.

4. pspr

pspr

Is Paul Ryan 35 years old? For that matter, is Rubio 35 years old should he be the VP?

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Rubio is 39 and Ryan is 41. They both just look young.

6. cstfx

cstfx

Ryan denies report he's considering 2012 bid
    By Michael O'Brien - 08/16/11 11:47 AM ET

Rep. Paul Ryan's (R-Wis.) personal spokesman denied a report Tuesday that the House Budget Committee chairman was "seriously considering" a run for the Republican presidential nomination.

"While grateful for the continued support and encouragement, Congressman Ryan has not changed his mind," spokesman Kevin Seifert said.

The Weekly Standard, a conservative magazine, citing unnamed sources close to Ryan, reported the Wisconsin Republican was reconsidering a run for the presidency, which he had previously ruled out on several occasions.

Ryan most recently publicly said he wouldn't run on Aug. 7.

"My answer is still no," he said on "Fox News Sunday." "Look, my answer is still the same as it always has been the last time you asked me."

The Weekly Standard pointed to Ryan's frustration with how the existing field of Republican presidential candidates articulated their views in a debate last Thursday in Ames, Iowa. The magazine has long been a cheerleader of Ryan as a presidential candidate, and Karl Rove, the former political guru for President George W. Bush, again floated Ryan's name Tuesday as a credible candidate.

Ryan's decision to use his political action committee to raise money in Iowa to support his controversial 2012 budget plan only stoked speculation. The congressman explained that he was simply looking to defend the other presidential candidates from attacks based on his budget.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...d-his-mind-on-running-for-president-spokesman

BTW, Ryan is 41 and Rubio is 40

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

My bad, he had a birthday on May 28th. Have no idea how I missed that! Jeez.

8. You couldn't be more wrong. Republican voters are very happy with the three frontrunners, Perry, Romney and Bachmann. Any of them would be a strong candidate and excellent president.

Of course, the leftwing mainstream media is muttering about how "extreme" they are and how independents will choose Obama. They live in an echo chamber and are totally clueless about how most of the country either outright despises obama or thinks he is incompetent and in over his head.

If there existed a graceful way to get rid of him and run Hillary in his place, the democrats would do it.

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well here's the thing. Many are not happy about the "field". But once they have a nominee, they are going to be ecstatic about throwing Barry out of office!

10. Max E.

Max E.

I dont think that Ryan has a hope in hell either, the Dems will demagogue him to death, he is a perfect example of what is wrong with politics, he stuck his neck out there and created a plan to solve the problem with our ballooning entitlement payments, and in response he got crucified for it, with ads depiciting him literally throwing an old lady off a cliff. This is the reason why politicians just stick with the status quo, and the reason we are doomed, the "Ryan plan" gives the dems far to much ammo.

#10     Aug 16, 2011