Paul Ryan, “we’re not going to give up on destroying the health-care system"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tmarket, Mar 16, 2013.

1. More things Republicans are intending to destroy for Americans. You don't have to put words in their mouths, they come right out and say it.

Ryan's unfortunate slip
    By Steve Benen - Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:28 PM EDT
    Jed Lewison catches House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) delivering a line today he probably wishes he could take back.
    Ryan said, in reference to his plans for health care:

"This to us is something that we're not going to give up on, because we're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

Coming soon to a campaign ad near you.

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

How about some context so we can see what he really meant to say?

I mean, I know you're not interested in context, but most of us who are logical thinkers prefer it before we pass judgment.

3. Destroying the healthcare system obama has in store for us is a GOOD thing.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

If he meant destroy Obamacare then I'm all for it.

5. Ricter

Ricter

Nice idea, but you didn't build that.

6. funny, this healthcare system we have is focused very muchly on acute care. It is AWFUL for chronic conditions, just awful. If Paul Ryan destroyed it a lot of people's health would get a lot better.

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

8. pspr

pspr

ObamaCare needs to go! We need responsible health care reform not a pork project.

9. I'll throw this out there, my figures might be off a little but that the least amount of the problem.

A chiropractic visit is billed out at $60. Medicare might pay $30. Office overhead is $20 per patient. The Dr nets $10. The health care logic assumes the Dr. bills the medicare patient for the remaining $30.

Getting paid for the $30 is never going to happen in real life. A chiropractic patient might only come for 4 -6 visits and never return. Heck, the patient might never return if he finds out he has to pay the insurance billing difference. So the Dr lets the bill slide.

Whatver one feels about the billing situation is not the point.

Here's the point. Medicare feels that a chiroprator visit should be more thorough, not just in and out in 3 minutes. So Medicare requires the Dr to fill out a questionaire on each visit. The questionaire has about 20 questions of which I think you have to ask the patient 10 (your choice of which 10).

Now your measly $10 profit has evaporated into negative territory. Plus you have to maintain, purchase forms and produce them if medicare questions billing.

Way to put the squeeze on Dr Donkey.

10. It was a gaff is all. Every politician should be given a gaff pass. As much as they are recorded talking it's surprising there aren't more gaffs. Both sides love to jump on mistakes like this. Besides good humor the gaffs mean nothing.

#10     Mar 16, 2013