Paul Rotter in 2010

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TraDaToR, Aug 25, 2010.

1. To who?

#11     Aug 26, 2010
  2. Good luck to him in Singapore it's about 10yrs behind the US and Europe in terms of electronic trading. I think he'll discover it's very frustrating to do business there especially as TT that he loves still can't connect direct to most of the asian exchanges. Like to see him try flipping through a FIX connection. As for "world class infrastrucure" maybe it was in 1985 but it hasn't moved on since. But I'll be interested to see how he goes in the Kospi, that's got some great liquidity to get stuck into. Wonder how his Gibraltar high freq outfit is getting on.

#12     Aug 26, 2010
  3. His Gibraltar goup is doing extremely well. He is a real fan of technology and what is extremely consistent. Rumor has it that Temasek Holdings is going to make a move to drastically improve bandwidth on the (near) island which is a reason for the early Rotter move. Strictly rumor mind you.

#13     Aug 26, 2010
  4. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

#14     Aug 26, 2010

5. Do you have a link to that outfit ?

#15     Aug 27, 2010
  6. You can always tell when a comment hits to close to home can't cha.

I believe you have been banned from this site numerious times . . . how stupid and childish do you have to be to keep coming back here.

#16     Aug 27, 2010
  7. bone

bone

You know, I met Paul at a Eurex Chrismas party back in 2003 or so and I really liked the guy. He got bad-mouthed relentlessly by locals in the Schatz market but since for me I used the Schatz extensively as a spread leg component I really appreciated the liquidity aspect. Traders were constantly bitching about him at the time but for me the biggest crime against humanity was Liffe limiting the Euribor to 200 FIFO before Pro-Rata order matching kicked in.

#17     Aug 27, 2010
  8. Traders & investors are always bitching and complaining about people making money a way they can't comprehend.

#18     Aug 27, 2010
  9. olias

olias

You're right about that.

Why should anyone have a problem with Paul Rotter, aside from pure jealousy? I don't have any problem with the way he played/plays the markets. More power to him. Also, he seems like a pretty modest, decent guy from what I've read and the people that I know who have worked with him.

#19     Aug 27, 2010
  10. When Rotter used to dominate Eurex his style was predatory. I think he was plugged into what the big prop shop traders were doing, and when the opportunity presented itself he would turn them over.
    Why would anyone have a problem with him? Because it was infuriating when you get sucked into him making the market appear strong and then Rotter flipping from bid to offer and stopping all the locals out. Didn't add anything to market efficiency and price stability for sure.
    He was the first real size spoofer on Eurex and the first who had the technology to bid and offer 1000 lots without the risk of getting hit on them.
    Locals hated Rotter. Me personally, I didn't get caught too often by him and found him easy to read at times so could ride on the back of his trades. I don't feel any animosity towards him but I can understand why many do.

#20     Aug 27, 2010