Paul Krugman: The Nation's most dangerous Economist.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., May 29, 2012.

1. jem

jem

And most people are enjoying the possible warming they have been experiencing. Are you?

#11     May 29, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

Once again, an example of measuring others by one's own yardstick.

As the founder of the world's largest hedge fund and someone who has advised that he would give at least half of his fortune away, I really don't think Dalio has any pressing need to talk his book or be dishonest. You see lies and deception in everything and everyone because that is all you know. You've never met a motive that wasn't ulterior. I hope you read Schwager's interview of him and watch Rose's interview of Dalio as well. Pay particular attention to the corporate culture that he fosters at Bridgewater.

#12     May 29, 2012
  3. Exactly.

More to the point, why would anyone want to listen to a bunch of asset inflation cheerleaders who have literally no input costs to concern themselves with?

Dumb ass Brass continues to prove that he has a third rate intellect.

#13     May 29, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Not really, no. I moved north in part because Colorado's summers were getting too damn hot.

Lately, I'm getting a bit of a different perspective on it. We have had a very warm and dry winter, and the Spring rains are overdue. I'm a hobby grain farmer, so the financial implications of a local grain harvest failure are trivial to me, but I can now readily see how and why farmers worldwide are reacting to this the way they are.

#14     May 29, 2012
  5. Christ, you are ridiculously naive. It's no surprise that you're all in on the hopium train...

#15     May 29, 2012
  6. btw, this thread is fascinating in a perverse way.

We have the leftist's cheerleading hedge fund managers who are supportive of money printing/asset inflation...and the libertarians/conservatives who are calling out this form of counterfeiting for what it truly is...

Some truly bizarre shit going on these days.

#16     May 29, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

It would appear that you have reached a point in your cynicism where you no longer need to read, study or learn anything new. You know all you need to know, therefore, all else can be readily discarded. How gratifying that must be for you. Oh, and what a fool Schwager must be to allow an interviewee to talk his book and not call him on it or recognize it for what it is, eh? Gee, what a rube Schwager must be. No doubt you won't be reading his book, seeing as how "ridiculously naive" he must be.

#17     May 29, 2012
  8. Max E.

Max E.

Funny isnt it? The same guy who thinks Romney is an evil vulture, thinks that Hedge Fund managers have the noblest of intentions.... now I have seen it all....

#18     May 29, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds.

#19     May 29, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

You can't quite seem to remain on topic, can you? Asking very successful fundamental traders about their view of how the economy works is rather different than asking Bain how to strip mine a company for fun and profit.

#20     May 29, 2012