Paul Krugman: Jim Rogers Has Never Been Right About Anything

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Paul Krugman won't defend Ben Bernanke much these days, but he will defend him against the ravings of Jim Rogers, who said at Oxford that the Fed chair doesn't know squat about economics.

I’ve seen Rogers in action; he seemed to me to be confused about issues like the difference between assets and liabilities. And please note that inflationistas like Rogers have been wrong about absolutely everything this cycle (and the last cycle, and the cycle before that).

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/paul...en-right-about-anything-2010-11#ixzz14R8SUPMD

:eek:

Take that back, Paul.

2. MKTrader

MKTrader

Rogers has been screaming at people to invest in commodities since the late 90s. Those who have listened have done quite well.

Krugman is just projecting here. He's been 100% wrong on everything. Thank heavens he doesn't recommend investments like Rogers. One of many examples from the dime store Keynesiot:

"To fight this recession the Fed needs more than a snapback; it needs soaring household spending to offset moribund business investment. And to do that, as Paul McCulley of Pimco put it, Alan Greenspan needs to create a housing bubble to replace the Nasdaq bubble."

- Paul Krugman, Dubya’s Double Dip, August 2nd, 2002

Compare to:

"Congress should act to remove taxpayer support from the housing GSEs before the bubble bursts and taxpayers are once again forced to bail out investors who were misled by foolish government interference in the market. I therefore hope this committee will soon stand up for American taxpayers and investors by acting on my Free Housing Market Enhancement Act."

- Ron Paul in the House Financial Services Committee, September 10, 2003

Case closed.

3. dtan1e

dtan1e

this is getting hilarious, each calling the other doesn't know anything and they are all supposed to be experts

4. Marc Faber says Krugman told him in 2000 the Nasdaq would never come down ever again.

5. JamesL

JamesL

He's just angling for the Treasury Secretary's job.

6. Pekelo

Pekelo

The difference is that Jim Roger is very rich and Krugman has a nice prize. :)

7. Why you guys bother to put any energy or thought into what the "talking heads" have to say is beyond me.

8. MKTrader

New Post 11-05-10 03:13 PM

Rogers has been screaming at people to invest in commodities since the late 90s. Those who have listened have done quite well.

--------------------------------------------

Rogers told me that he only sold options on commodities.

9. You don't think it's entertaining?

It's like when you were a kid with the Teenage mutant Ninja turtles. Or He Man.

Pick a side and despise their enemies.

10. MKTrader

MKTrader

And Obama told me he's really a French citizen. Unless you have some documentation of that, it's worthless.

I have no idea what Rogers' personal portfolio looks like. I just know what he's said in print, on TV/radio and to people who have met him first hand (whom I trust). He has his own raw materials fund for crying out loud. If he hasn't been a commodity bull throughout the whole run-up, I don't know who has.

#10     Nov 5, 2010