Paul Krugman Declares Personal Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, May 30, 2013.

1. You should thank Ricter for enlightening you.

#11     May 31, 2013
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Pray tell, where is this enlightenment you speak of? If it's the hilarious "study" posted above where he says high levels of debt don't matter simply because they didn't seem to affect growth in the mere 5 year study, well then wow! What a shocking discovery!

Austerity hasn't even been implemented - despite various European countries claiming they have implemented it. They never cut back their spending, which is why they are missing their austere targets by so much.

#12     May 31, 2013
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

+ 16.84 Trillion...

#13     May 31, 2013
  4. fhl

fhl

We've had credit cycles since the beginning of credit, booms then busts, over and over and over and over.

And a "very smart economist" tells us you can grow debt to the sky and it won't hurt growth. And it couldn't have escaped anyone's notice that this nonsense began as soon as a dem was elected. Same economist telling us debt was our ruination a few scant years before.

They know that the low iq voter will fall for anything that involves a free check.

#14     May 31, 2013
  5. That criticism is valid for a lot of people on both sides of most issues today. It's insincere to single the left and ignore the crudeness of many on the right including Fox News. And yes I know msnbc on the left is just as bad with Maddow being one of the worst offenders on either side IMO. MSNBC learned it from Fox who showed them that it could be profitable catering to the scared people of their respective party.

#15     May 31, 2013
  6. Outside of govt how anybody touting tooth-fairy economics doesn't get laughed out of the room is a mystery to me.

#16     May 31, 2013
  7. pspr

pspr

It's no longer fashionable to seek the truth. Promoting an agenda has replaced the truth as perpetual politics by liberal politicians has replaced governance. They have sucked in many economics and science professionals into their web of promoting an agenda instead of following the truth where ever it may lead.

If you think Bernanke is following bad policy at the Fed just wait until Obama appoints the agenda driven Larry Summers to the Chairmanship in January. (Assuming Obama is still around in January.)

#17     May 31, 2013
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Obammer will still be around. He's hell bent on ruling the World, and in addition, is teflon.:mad:

And yep, agenda's (on the left, of course), sure have replaced truth. Very sad state of affairs we have.

#18     May 31, 2013
  9. pspr

pspr

I had hopes he would be voted out last November but there were too many parasites voting for more free cake.

I hold out hope that the voters will wake up and realize they must take a stand against the tyranny and agenda driven leaders in government. The poison is flowing down the line from the top and the head must be cut off if the flow of poison is to be stopped and the country is to be salvaged.

#19     May 31, 2013
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

I really believe America's gonna turn, and turn big time in voting after seeing what a tyrant and his gestapo are capable of inflicting on the greatest Country on Earth.

#20     May 31, 2013