Pattern Recognition -- Any Good?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MACD, Jan 23, 2020.

1. ph1l

ph1l

Here is something about multi-dimensional pattern recogition:
    "Multi-Dimensional Dynamic Time Warping for Gesture Recognition," G.A. ten Holt, M.J.T. Reinders, E.A. Hendriks, 2007

#51     Feb 18, 2020
  2. TommyR

TommyR

when it comes to neural nets required essential reading is: functional proxies, second dual spaces, euler-lagrange geodesic characterisics, hamiltonians and the generator of the energy kernal, vector proxies for differential operators and familiarity with basic identities for div grad and curl on spaces with positive ricci curvature, tangent spaces for non-smooth manifolds.

do not read books on neural nets saying: nets are a childrens picture supposed to look like a brain capable of appromiating a very small number of functions. layers are pointless and the set of fucntions possible is the same as in one layer, consciousness is unlikely to appear at layer 10. it is unclear why adding parameters at o(data) is good.

they definitely are useful: excellent if you want to invert a deterministic function and you cannot analytically. so at bs vol/delta/greeks from price and all permuations for example they will be better than any series you can find and very fast so i use them there.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    #52     Feb 18, 2020
  3. ironchef

ironchef

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: I am going to search Coursera and see if they offer a class on these topics.

#53     Feb 18, 2020
  4. ironchef

ironchef

Now you introduce another new term: Time warp? Like in General Relativity or Star Trek? :wtf:

#54     Feb 18, 2020
  5. TommyR

TommyR

#55     Feb 18, 2020
  6. Don't tell me, let me guess...

TommyR has somehow got access to an Internet-connected computer and is posting again. Usually the hospital staff tries to prevent this, but he somehow got around them.

Am I right? Checking in private browser mode....

Yes, of course. Tensors with 1e+17 individual elements processed routinely. That's plausible for sure!

Cubic spleens!

#56     Feb 18, 2020
    TheBigShort and ironchef like this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Something tells me you'd like this book...

#57     Feb 18, 2020
  8. ph1l

ph1l

#58     Feb 18, 2020
  9. ironchef

ironchef

#59     Feb 19, 2020
  10. themickey

themickey

Soundsaboudright.

#60     Feb 19, 2020