Pattern Recognition -- Any Good?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MACD, Jan 23, 2020.

1. MACD

MACD

Perhaps, some would argue the pattern is to stay as a Bull?

#11     Jan 23, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

I guess it all depends on your time horizon...mine ends at 4PM

#12     Jan 23, 2020
  3. easymon1

easymon1

mr big aapl, tell it brother!
    "...it should be called 'Waiting' instead of 'Trading'", and the distractions, ...well

waiting.jpg

#13     Jan 23, 2020
  4. MACD

MACD

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    #14     Jan 23, 2020
  5. %%
    Maybe not on DOW+ IWM, short term??
    But SPY, QQQ still making higher highs, higher closes, good uptrending bull market................................................................................................................As far as taking partial profits in anything ,that's still bullish for QQQ+SPY. But one of my favorite quotes was the profitable short term DOW trader, who said ''its correlated to itself'''LOL/true

#15     Jan 23, 2020
  6. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

OK This is the secret...If you are like me and had NO ONE to guide you and the holy grail is out of reach except for YOURSELF and YOUR system...be patient and let your SYSTEM play out and do not hesitate to take your trade when YOUR system tells you to take your trade and be prepared to take the loss. It will play out I guarantee it.

#16     Jan 23, 2020
  7. MACD

MACD

Brillant Post @Big AAPL

#17     Jan 23, 2020
  8. MACD

MACD

Here is a Post from another thread "What is an Edge" posted by @schizo "

"
    schizo
    I would like to return to my root and ask what I perceive as the most profound question: What is an edge? As a perma-noob, I'm always told that I must have an edge to succeed as a trader. So what is an edge exactly? Can it be defined? Is it quantifiable? Can it be repeated? Is it static or dynamic?

So far, here's what I've manage to come up with:

1) Edge is a pattern. It could simply be a price pattern on the chart, or it could be a behavior pattern (eg. the interaction between me and/or the market).
    2) Edge must be repeatable. It can be repeated, replicated, duplicated each and every day.
    3) Edge has a high probability of success. "
    4) Good entry is a must. Good exit is a must.
    5) Good entry is useless, however, if your timing is off.
    6) There is no good exit. There is only a proper exit (eg. let your winner run, cut your losses).

#18     Jan 23, 2020
  9. SunTrader

SunTrader

Pattern to me is ... where does price close in relation to where it opened - also where in relation to the high low range. A couple of other similar price comparisons too.

Head and shoulders is a 1960's shampoo brand.

#19     Jan 23, 2020
  10. These days, you just get head, shoulder and raised arm lol sort of like this
    Code:
        /
      o
    /

#20     Jan 23, 2020