Pattern Daytrading poll

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hii a_ooiioo_a, Nov 16, 2002.

1. I love the pdt rule. It forced me to abandon stocks and pushed me, whining all the way, into the wide wonderful world of futures.

#21     Nov 16, 2002
  2. All I do is buy calls and puts. I don't write options.

They have subjected the buying and selling of long cash-purchased options to the three trade rule.
    Even making three "daytrades" of a single contract each, priced at $.50 per contract (total trading value exercised $150) will freeze my ability to purchase anything else in my account until the five day period is finished.

Futures are not governed by the securities exchanges, they are governed by the commodities exchanges. That's why the NASD rules do not govern futures. NASD governs securities dealers.

#22     Nov 16, 2002
  3. What will you do when they decide to start subject futures to daytrading restrictions too?

How do I know they're going to do such a thing?

I don't. Just like I didn't know they were going to start subjecting long stock options to these restrictions. But they did.

Then what will you have left to run to?

#23     Nov 16, 2002
  4. can we get this confirmed, and independently verified from, say, one of the Option's Brokerage Firms like WS Access?

#24     Nov 16, 2002
  5. Little guys would kill anyway. Dont need the PDT for that.

#25     Nov 16, 2002
  6. get killed....

#26     Nov 16, 2002
  7. PDT kills them faster

#27     Nov 16, 2002
  8. qdz

qdz

But in fact it does.

This misrepresent the evidence. most of these 90% of losers had accounts with more than 25K.

The rules are not rigorous at all. Restricting number of trades to solve either problem it is claimed to solve is a fundamentally wrong idea.

:p

#28     Nov 16, 2002
  9. Thank you freshtrader504, I will be sure to forward your comments to the SEC. Not quite sure what good they will do, but on the other hand suppose they couldn't do too much harm :confused:

Maybe if enough of us accuse the regulators of being homos it might finally get through to them that their restrictions are stupid?

#29     Nov 16, 2002
  10. <i>They increase risk of financial loss to small traders</i>
    Are you people serious??? The rules were put in place to make sure small traders DO NOT day trade. The reason it was done is similar to why gambling is restricted in many states.
    So in fact, it's just the opposite, they put those rules in place to make sure the small traders don't lose their shirts, and as I said before, the only way the will change the rules any time soon will be to require much more than 25 G. For the same reason.

#30     Nov 17, 2002