Pattern Daytrading Poll (Continued)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qdz2, Feb 9, 2003.

1. qdz2

qdz2

2. "All of the above are true" gets my vote. :(

PeBBLe

3. The results of the original poll were steady throughout the 60 days it was open. I configured the poll to only be open for 60 days (moderators did not close it). Does this one have a cut-off point too? We can make new polls with new choices now, since the PDT rule has been applied to options for nearly four months now, and new developments or perceptions have arisen in that time. For instance, SSF, which began (perhaps suspiciously) at precisely the same time that PDT rules were applied onto stock options.

I didn't vote in the original poll, since I had created it. I voted in this one for "They increase the risk of loss to small traders". Even though I agree with "All of the above are true", I think it's most significant that these rules increase the likelihood of loss to small traders, which the people arguing in favor of this rule are always saying it's well-designed to prevent. Also, of course, these rules should not be applied to cash-purchased stock options. The rules are so incredibly and unfairly biased against options, that it's a joke. Options are doubly and triply penalized by this rule about margin use, which options don't even use.

4. qdz2

qdz2

Hi hii a_ooiioo_a, how are you doing? i set timeout for the poll to 0. I am not sure if it lasts forever or a default time frame. But we can always start a new one.

Thanks.

:p

5. Having a fresh poll with the same questions could actually be useful for comparison to the original poll, to see if opinions have shifted in the last three months. If the old poll were still going, it wouldn't be as accurate an assessment of the current attitudes, since the old votes would be warping the graph. I guess that's why polls usually do have a cutoff point.

6. This will just be another class warfare poll.

5 years ago, I would have said the rules screw the little guy. Now, I'm glad they do. It keeps down competition.:D :D :D

7. dis

dis

PDT rules drain liquidity from the market.

8. This will just be another class warfare poll.

5 years ago, I would have said the rules screw the little guy. Now, I'm glad they do. It keeps down competition.:D :D :D

9. qdz2

qdz2

The frontline of the battle should remain here! Do not let the special interest groups push forward and shove us around! It's all their problems and their fault. They are responsible for the bullshit that many people are in now.

:p

"Some die for this one way or another!" -- anonymous

10. I set up a small account when I started out. I was hoping to just trade 100 shares at a time until I learned how. Then I found out about pattern day trading rules. That really limits me to what I can practice trading with. I've traded Nasdaq emini contracts but I have to be very careful since it wouldn't take long to lose a lot of money. If I could trade 100 shares at a time several times a day I would be limited to just losing a few dollars. I've looked at single stock futures but the spread on them is far too high for my taste. The rule was intended to protect my from my own mistakes but in my opinion it has the reverse effect.

#10     Feb 22, 2003