Pattern Daytrader Rule gone from IB Canada accounts

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Kirkx, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Kirkx

Kirkx

According to email currently being sent to clients IB Canada is restructuring its back office operations and as a result PDT rule will no longer apply to Canadian accounts. To be effective sometime mid September. Good riddance.

Hopefully IB branches in other countries will follow suit.

2. no more Reg T either.

3. Elwood

Elwood

Excellent news.

4. I wonder if they will offer RRSP's and TFSA's now?

That would be handy.

5. What replaces it?

IIROC set margins?

6. risknav

risknav

Perhaps one of the IB representatives on the board can answer this;

Will this change, either immediately or shortly after revert the restriction set over the past couple months on foreign (I know for sure K200 and N225) index options, essentially taking away trading privileges for IB Canada accounts?

I couldn’t, and didn’t want to get into the details over the phone when I called IB Canada but they were telling me it was related to an internal clearing change, I think going from the US to UK division and some other external regulations.

7. No sign yet. Anyone been contacted?

8. risknav

risknav

Not yet, I remember them saying it would change your account ID (not your login) so that’s what I’ve been keeping an eye on.

My best guess is it happens over one of the next two weekends in September, just seems logical in terms of making a big transition like this.

9. Good points. Maybe they were waiting to get past the Fed meeting.

10. Looks like conversion will happen for month end. Which makes sense. That way you don't mix up monthly statements.

#10     Sep 27, 2013