pattern daytrade rule discrimination ???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by razor99, Mar 18, 2007.

1. razor99

razor99

again.i HAVE 25k. this post was in response to another guy's post a few days ago..geez,how many times do i have to say thats! with that hopefully out of the way,the 25k rule is discriminitory.plain and simple. years back a trader can start off with 5 k and build his account up,that is hard to do now unless you are involved with an LLC.

#31     Mar 18, 2007
  2. aminorex

aminorex

The root of the evil is not so much the PDT rule as the absurd 3-day clearing for equities. There's no excuse for that in 2007, other than exploitation of the float. I call it stealing, plain and simple.
    The NASD members are thieves, preying on small investors, and the SEC is smiling on this larceny.

#32     Mar 18, 2007
  3. squeeze22

squeeze22 Guest

You don't have 25k period. And it's discriminatory.

#33     Mar 18, 2007
  4. They did it to protect whiney little snits with no money and a sense of entitlement from themselves. And for laughs when they whine about it. Sue them... go ahead and make my day!

#34     Mar 18, 2007
  5. razor99

razor99

TRADER666 AND SQUEEZE...
    i can trade circles around the both of you..you can take that to the bank ! i can be full of shit but I'm not. lets end this nonsense now.you're out of your league.

#35     Mar 18, 2007
  6. You must be the greatest market wizard EVER! Whining like a baby about pattern daytrade rule "discrimination" -- yes, you fit the profile perfectly!

#36     Mar 18, 2007
  7. squeeze22

squeeze22 Guest

Lmao, yea ok typical rookie comment. So if your that great why did you start the thread? And why would you tell someone you can trade circles around them?(i know iam good) i think the 5k and the discrimination sum you up. Whats your best day? Mine is over 100k and this post is hysterical. Like i said you took comments way to personal and gave yourself away.

Now goto rookietrader.com and talk with them.

#37     Mar 18, 2007
  8. i actually think its a smart rule. if anything its bad for good traders because they cant just steal money away from some clueless new trader.
    if you cant come up with 25k your not a good trader. either you havent made much money trading or your so new that i dont see how you could consider yourself a good trader.

#38     Mar 18, 2007
  9. is it discrimination?

yes

so what?

ALL laws discriminate. the question is - is it unjust discrimination

murder laws discriminate against murderers, arson laws against arsonists, etc.

ALL laws discriminate. the issue with discrimination is - 1) is it lawful 2) is it good policy 3) does it affect "fundamental rights"

#39     Mar 18, 2007
  10. You can't put $5,000 into your checking account and kite around $100,000 for several weeks legally. However if you are qualified you can get a $1,000,000 line of credit and tap it and pay it off at will.

I love the victim mentality. So easy to take their money

#40     Mar 18, 2007