pattern daytrade rule discrimination ???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by razor99, Mar 18, 2007.

1. razor99

razor99

i posted this in response to another board member's frustrations. i have 25k but feel strongly that trader's with under 5k are discriminated against. instead of getting support for undercapitalized traders'this post was met with arrogance and nothing of any substance.

#21     Mar 18, 2007
  2. ggoyal

ggoyal

arrogance? i dont think so. if someone is good trader, then they would not be stuck with a below 25K account that long. it;s nearly impossible to be profitable with 5k. i thought it was a couple years ago. but it's not. but you can swing trade and if u claim to be as good as u r, u will have more than 25k in no time.

#22     Mar 18, 2007
  3. I agree that its outright discrimination at its worst.

#23     Mar 18, 2007
  4. stylark3

stylark3

Good Point. So since this is the case, why not leave the
    decision up to the broker who is supplying the margin
    instead of have it regulated by a governing body?

I don't feel they have the right to impose their regulations
    on us like this.

#24     Mar 18, 2007
  5. EpiphanyTrading

EpiphanyTrading ET Sponsor

Stylark3, you are wrong. They do have the right however I believe that their logic and motivations are lacking productivity.

A similar situation is the existence of rules preventing under capitalized individuals from investing in hedge funds.

I am one who believes is small government. Markets operate most efficiently when fair trade has minimal restrictions.

#25     Mar 18, 2007

6. You should get the ACLU and/or Jesse Jackson involved.

Affirmative Action for day traders.

#26     Mar 18, 2007
  7. EpiphanyTrading

EpiphanyTrading ET Sponsor

Or, you can always get involved with an organization that can provide you with the capital that you need!!!

#27     Mar 18, 2007
  8. squeeze22

squeeze22 Guest

discriminated against? well that is why they set the rule. Get a job save fifty thousand to one hundred thousand then put five thousand up. If you know this game 5k can be gone very quick. Stock halt, bad news(long), good news(short) this can happen in seconds. Traders can go years making a nice small living and have one bad thing happen and then they are gone and sometimes with a huge debt.

It is hard for me to believe that this question you asked is not about your situation. You have taken things way to personal. There is a reason everyone doesn't trade for a living. Use an llc and if you don't have a nice savings account just be careful. This game can ruin your life if you let it.

#28     Mar 18, 2007
  9. """""You should get the ACLU and/or Jesse Jackson involved."""""

ACLU is too busy working for the US Chamber of Commerce.

#29     Mar 18, 2007
  10. Wetton

Wetton

Arrogance? On whose part, yours?

You come here and post that the PDT discriminates against the small trader. You state the small trader can be just as good as the large trader. Great, then let them prove it. There are many traders who have BUILT UP THEIR CAPITAL OVER TIME. PERIOD. The best virtue you can have in this business is patience. You obviously lack this.

If you truly have the edge and are a good trader, you will build up your capital over time and will be beholden to no one. Instead you come here and ARROGANTLY state that somehow the rules that apply to everyone else should not apply to you. You state that you are a good trader yet lack the capital to avoid the PDT. How can this be?

Show some patience. Show some discipline. Realize that anything worth having you must work for.

#30     Mar 18, 2007