Pattern day trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fredz, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Maybe he did, maybe that's how he got the wrong impression. If I hadn't asked the second question "How many trades can I make", the impression given from the first answer was that you can trade 3 days out of 5.

Customer service people don't always know what these rules are either.

#11     Dec 17, 2002
  2. jeffgus

jeffgus

Why put up with these ridicules rules and regulations. There are other option available. Look else where. Trading is hard enough and do not hold overnight if it affects your sleep.

#12     Dec 17, 2002
  3. i thot your thread was closed because you couldn't trade due to personal conflicts... but here you are allday, everyday

btw, he asked a *lazy* ques, not a stupid one.

#13     Dec 17, 2002
  4. fredz

fredz

Well, thanks, but I want to that same chat and the person told me, litteraly, you can do as many trades during 3 days in a 5 day period. If I was sure, I wouldn't have asked...

#14     Dec 18, 2002
  5. If you want to trade stocks, but don't like the daytrader restrictions, there's something called Single Stock Futures (SSF) which you can trade on IB. They're like trading 100 shares of a stock, and there's no daytrader rules on SSF, because they're Futures. There's about 60 stocks that you can trade SSF on, including most of the Dow Jones index list. Stocks like IBM, Microsoft, American Express, Walmart, Best Buy, Intel, Coca Cola, Disney, eBay, Yahoo, all have SSF's you can trade.

www.nqlx.com and www.onechicago.com are the two exchanges that SSF trade on, you can learn more on those sites if you're interested.

#15     Dec 18, 2002
  6. This seems to be not true at least for IB Canada ....

#16     Dec 18, 2002
  7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Yes, I am online entertaining myself. Looks like my husband has cancer again and we are busy going to doctor's appointments and hospital appointments. Need something to take my mind off of it.
    I am not trading at all, so I can't write a thread can I?
    You have a problem with this?

#17     Dec 18, 2002
  8. qdz

qdz

Try Royal Bank Fincial Group or CIBC. They also have different interpretation on multiple-lot transactions. Check it out.

:p
    If there is no way here. there must be some others elsewhere.

#18     Dec 18, 2002
  9. qdz

qdz

Financial

#19     Dec 18, 2002
  10. u130747

u130747

Cathy,

I am sorry to hear about your husband. My best wishes are with you. I know how sometimes a diversion can help.

Bert

#20     Dec 18, 2002