pattern day trader - the ARROGANCE rule

Discussion in 'Trading' started by roadstar4, Jan 22, 2008.

1. sorry, i saw in the snapshot IB changed the last price for CSIQ to 18.00 so it's $780.

#11     Jan 22, 2008
  2. yes, you're right

but the point is that i'm not a day trader!! but if there's volatility, 3 day trades in 5 days may happen to every swing trader

#12     Jan 22, 2008
  3. GSP

GSP

The PDT rule is such a crock of shit. Thankfully in Canada we dont have to worry about that BS.

You could try getting a Canadian adress and amybe set up with a Canadian broker. Ive heard of some doing things like this but im not sure how dificult it is to pull off.

As far as I know only Interative Brokers enforces the PDT rule in Canada.

#13     Jan 22, 2008
  4. its a great rule. hold overnight so the futures drip like a ton of bricks and wake up broke. the government really looking out for us! its nonsense.

#14     Jan 22, 2008
  5. the rule only applies to margin accounts. You can daytrade using a cash account with settled funds (options settle the next morning). That's what I do.

#15     Jan 22, 2008
  6. I hope you guys are aware that there are prop firms where you can put down $5k, not have a series 7, and legally get significant leverage and have no PDT rule.

#16     Jan 22, 2008
  7. i didn't think about that... interesting.

#17     Jan 22, 2008
  8. i personally don't know what a prop firm is, and what a series 7 is...

can you give an example?

#18     Jan 22, 2008
  9. i sent a complaint against the SEC to the SEC...
    :p

if you want to

https://tts.sec.gov/acts-ics/do/complaint

#19     Jan 22, 2008
  10. i didn't know that. i'm going to email a couple of canadian brokers about it...

thanks

#20     Jan 22, 2008