Pattern Day trader Loop-holes

Discussion in 'Trading' started by infolode, Oct 15, 2005.

1. At the present time I'm unable to open a day trading account do to lack of minimum establishment funds.

My question is how can I side step this issue? Off shore brokerage accounts? Seems rather cloak-n-dagger but....

I trade equities and mostly swing but my largest profitable days are due to scaling in and out. I mean much more profitable.

I'd like to macro scalp perhaps 1-20 stocks, 1-10 times daily.

Any suggestions?

tia

infolode

2. try SSF's on one chicago exchange ...

3. SSF's

Has anyone actually traded these things?

4. ozzy

ozzy

The bid/ask spread is awful.

5. Thank-you gentlemen.

I sincerely appreciate your suggestions and I wish you all profitable trades.:D

infolode

6. volente_00

volente_00

Are you married ?

Open one in your wife's name JTROS.

Explore trading options.

Explore trading futures.

Take 10k, get your series 7 and trade prop remote.

7. Infolode, I had a similar ID on MoneyTec, called Overload. :)

SEC's PDT scheme was the best thing that could have happened to me.

little over 2-years ago, due to a career change, I decided to take another hard look at trading stocks.

years before, I had traded the NASDAQ for 3-months before going belly-up due to DATEK's failing brokerage/servers always freezing my trades, rules that allowed industrial guys to get news 30-minutes before retail traders could, the NASDAQ constantly stopping stocks from being traded due to some volatility issue, limited number of stocks to short, and a general, overall lack of knowledge about how to trade.

I too didn't have enough money to meet the PDTs requirements so I got into forex.

with forex there's no rules - it's unregulated (in the sense of being able to access the global market), has no short rule, trading is never halted, currencies are traded 'round the clock 24/7, 365 days a year (the global market never "closes"), and you can literally get into it for a few hundred dollars.

due to there being no set "commissions" you are not paying a $15 brokerage fee when you open a trade and another $15 when you close the same trade.

you may want to consider forex trading as an alternative to stocks.

also, once I burned in trading strategies, methods and techniques trading currencies, trading stocks, even the most volatile NASDAQ ones, is like child's play.

after 2-years in the ForEx furnace, I can trade stocks blind-folded, with one hand tied behind my back, and still destroy equity market benchmarks.

I don't even have to know what the stock is, I could trade it successfully short or long by you telling me its quotes only.

If you want to get into forex you can download a demo(s) that provides you with real-time, live currency quotes.

msg me and I will be happy to set one up for you.

best regards,

sKaLpEr