Pattern Day Rule bypassing per example

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by minorearth, Jul 16, 2012.

1. The put and call theta are =, yes. The dividend is embedded in the synth, so it may not trade to the penny with shares as the div is not priced in the natural. The forward on the synthetic isn't really an issue at 0.56 in yearly rates.

#21     Nov 2, 2012
  2. Bry

Bry

You can do 3 day trades in 5 business (market open) days, not 4 trades. 4 trades makes you a pattern day trader.

#22     Dec 26, 2012
  3. dom993

dom993

The simplest way around PDT is to have 25k+ in your account at all times.

#23     Dec 27, 2012
  4. Well I see the old gang is still at it. Been off for a couple of months doing cancer stuff.

2011 I lost 30% of my account. 2012 a leetle bit, not sure how much, maybe 1% more, or lets see think I gained 1% back. Lets see what 2013 brings? Still not back up to $10,000 anyway.

I've got to just chalk this up to entertainment. Doing paper trading for next couple of months and diddling with those debit spreads again, trying to figure out how to make them work. Not as much pain these days lately, so can get back on the computer. Everybody seems to be having fun anyway reading this stuff I've missed.

#24     Jan 3, 2013
  5. falcon,
    good to see you back... its just money.. many lose alot before they figure it out.. and some think they have it figured out and dont thats alot worse.. :)

#25     Jan 3, 2013
  6. A) Get a job and get more money
    B) Work a little harder and try to understand what you are trading so you can actually hold it for a while.

#26     Jan 11, 2013