Pattaya - The Ultimate Trading Location

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by retaildaytrader, Nov 28, 2009.

1. JACKASS

JACKASS

Rimping
    tks for ur updt anyway
    so ur from the land of Cruyff & Neeskens! - i still recall the opening mins of the '74 cup final vs GER!!

#51     Dec 6, 2009

2. Gosh, didn't know Holland was a tax paradise !?

How long you stay in Thailand every year ? Short enough to not become tax liable ?

#52     Dec 6, 2009
  3. Why? , if you get residence , you will fall under the same laws as the rest

#53     Dec 6, 2009
  4. Rimping

Rimping

It is only a tax paradise for investors and traders. Trading gains are considered capital gains which are not taxed. You pay 30% on a "fictive" return of 4% on your capital regardless of what your real return or loss was. So you also pay 1.2% on your total equity in a year in which you lose money.

I don't have residence in Thailand. I stay there most of the time though. With a multiple entry visa you can enter the country as many times as you want during a year. On each entry you get a stamp for 90 days after which you have to cross the border (go shopping in Singapore for example) and you can come back immediately. It is still considered tourism and I have nothing to do with Thai taxes.
    You can get a multiple entry visa if you can show in a Thai embassy or consulate in your country that you have enough funds to support yourself for a year in Thailand.

Why? , if you get residence , you will fall under the same laws as the rest [/QUOTE

Probably you are right! I don't know.

#54     Dec 6, 2009
  5. Now THAT sounds like Holland is a decent place to stay for a trader ;) Have ti think about it ;)

#55     Dec 6, 2009
  6. moo

moo

I agree that Thailand is a wonderful country to live/stay in. Warm and sunny weather, good food, beautiful girls, and very good service everywhere. Everything is so cheap too, a Westerner can easily triple his living standard here. But above all, the most amazing thing are the people. Everyone seems happy and stress-free in the Land of Smiles. And I do mean everyone, not just those in the tourist business trying to get your money.

Pattaya though is not the best choice. Go to an island, or to the mountains in the north around Chiang Mai. Or those loving city life, to the megapolis of Bangkok - bigger than any US city, I believe.

I wonder if anyone staying in Thailand has permanent residence. Or even tried to get one? I hear it's very difficult, almost impossible to get. Thais want foreigners as tourists, not residents.

And BTW, anyone met Marc Faber? Would be very interesting to meet the guy.

#56     Dec 12, 2009
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

+1

I didn't want to hammer the OP but was thinking that Pattaya is the last place in Thailand I would live.

I, like you, would head up north to Chiang Mai or perhaps Koh Samui in the gulf or I might shack up with some Isan princess in her village and become some kind of half-assed warlord. :D

Pattaya is fun to visit but I wouldn't want my friends or family to see me with a permanent address there. They would all make the same assumption.

#57     Dec 12, 2009
  8. The Soapys really allow you to unwind after a long day.

For those that don't know, you walk into the building and order a drink and sit in front of a giant glass window full of Asian women who are dressed in bikini's, gowns, and anything else that makes them look good...they are sitting on three different levels of a platform and each has a number...

You can see them and they can see you...then the games begin...they will try to get you to select them and they will smile at you, wave at you, and even blow you kisses...finally after drinking and laughing your ass off, you select one or more partners that you want...they come out from behind the glass and they introduce themselves and most speak great English...

Then you take them upstairs to a room that has a bed, foam mattress, and a huge tub...they take your clothes off and you enter the tub where they wash you and massage you...then you get out of the tub and lay you down on the foam mattress which is covered with soap and suds...

Then they continue to wash you using their body as a wash rag and slip and slide all over you for around 15 minutes....very, ver exhilirating...both your bodies are lathered up and you are rolling around on this foam mattress...

Then they help you up and clean your body with the jet sprays and then dry you off and lead you into bed...you guys can only imagine what comes next...

The whole process takes around an hour and it costs 1400 Baht..( 42 bucks)+ Tip but not mandatory...but guys usually tip another 500 Baht or so to make the total cost around 60-65 bucks...

There is usually between 20-50 girls there at anytime and believe me, you walk out of the place feeling refreshed...I have seen guys go back for seconds... Though never have done it myself.

#58     Dec 12, 2009
  9. Lived there for a year, and a typical day went like this....

Golf at 7:00 AM on a championship course with a woman caddy and 7 good friends...

Lunch and drinks at 11:00 AM rehashing golf stories...

Afternoon meeting at one of the bars in Pattaya with over 30 women at your beckon call....3 rum/cokes and 12 Tequila shots, total bill was 1000 Baht (30 bucks)

Great dinner at a say a Mexican Restaurant (Tequilla Reef) walk out the front door and 4 or 5 night spots on both sides of the street...dinner for 4 plus drinks, around 60 bucks...

Down the street a real massage parlor...6 bucks for a foot massage and 10 bucks for a full body oil massage...

It doesn't get any better than that unless you are Tiger.

#59     Dec 12, 2009
  10. Never been... ;)

The FAB service leave something to be desired in Pattaya, though. Bangkok has the best hotels and meal service. Although I must admit I did not gain weight in Pattaya as I did in Bangkok, due to the quality of the meals there.

Some girls there are stuck up, but if you speak a little Thai, you can easier weed through the bitches and find someone actually worth keeping for a few weeks. Regardless, Pattaya displays some of the most anti-feminist behavior available to Western men, and therein lies much of its attraction, besides the obvious hook of soft, warm, smiling and hard bodies in-your-face. Pity our domestic girls lost this with their choice of feminism.

If you gents ever consider staying at the Residence Inn, you will enjoy it immensely unless you enjoy the noise of the gogos. However, one caveat. Do NOT eat the the RI's buffet. They are careless in the cleanliness and you will get sick! Hint: Meat, flies.

I traded from the RI a few years ago. I must say the time change was a killer for me, coming from the West coast. It took me three days to feel rested after arrival. I am SO glad I trade from a laptop, home or away. I could never trade mobile if I were tied to an office workstation.

#60     Dec 12, 2009