Pattaya - The Ultimate Trading Location

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by retaildaytrader, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Yeah bro, I had looked at condos in chiang mai a couple of years ago, hoping for something relatively new near the night bazaar and couldn't find a thing. seems like out by CMU towards Doi Suthep, there were quite a few places going up but uncertain regarding % of Thai ownership, if they would not end up just renting them out, etc. so, any recommendations are greatly appreciated :D

down here, 80k+ baht per square meter to be in an ok place, good management co., and BTS/subway friendly area. where you prob'ly wanna be, silom or suk. 1 through 45, probably 100k and up. i am waiting for another crash or at least the dollar to creep its way back on up to 35, if not 40...
    if it doesn't happen, i am a renter for life, which is really more my style so i can move wherever i want without having to deal with finding responsible tenants, etc.

anyway, have yet to make it to suk.11 dosa king but used to hit it often when i lived on asoke and it was on soi 19. did himali chacha a couple of weeks back and took a friend to the one at the top of the rembrandt hotel on suk.18. the first is reliable indian eats and the second, whilst a little spendy, is well worth it for the view (reserve a table by the window.)

i tell you dude, and i know any italian food connoisseur or even fan would never possibly mention pizza hut as a place to go for such but we treated some kids to whatever they wanted and pizza hut was their choice and, no not the pizza but the spicy spaghetti was too hot for these thai kids to eat and absolutely, for sure, would never be served in the states for its heavy dosage of thai chillis. that said, it is not a recommendation for italian pasta but for a thai version of uber spicy arrabiata, so a thaitalian hybridization of farang pasta admixed with thai spices.

a'ight dude, have a good one.

#301     Sep 25, 2010

2. Almost across from Dosa King is a 2-3 storey similar restaurant, tried it 3 times, all good.

I like sukh but will first try to scope out some other areas that I heard about - good thinking about waiting for the crash, prices will not only be lower, your $ will be stronger.

AS far as Chiangmai condos go, don't rule out old buildings - like you said, around Chiangmai University or the Night Bazaar and around Tha Phae gate.

I'll give you more info from time to time, but dig this ... a frenchy buddy found a nice condo 8-storey solid highrise and bought a nice unit for 7,500 euros. He then furnished it and fixed it the way he wanted for a little bit more. He has a beautiful, self-sufficient place, 1 block from Loi Kroh, Duangtawan etc. He has parking for his motorbike and parks his car for free with full security permanently at Duangtawan Hotel. The view is outstanding. All this for under 10k euros.

some more later ... :) :)

#302     Sep 26, 2010
  3. zdreg

zdreg

what about street food for strength for pleasures of the flesh?
    ISBN-13: 978-1580084628 ...

#303     Sep 26, 2010

4. Don't divert or usurp the blood flow when you're going for pleasure of the flesh.

I have the proven formula .....

1 large protein powder shake (see Career Trader Health tips ..)

2-hr MMA workout (drink only water during)

Shower, then spray some TROS on your balls and asshole, under the armpits and a little on the chest.

Dress up, then knock down an ice-cold beer.

Then go see the girl.

All blood flows to the middle-leg.

When done, you have yet again seen the Top of the World.

Just another day at the office!!!! :) :) :D :D :D

#304     Sep 27, 2010
  5. I just arrived in Chiang Mai and am thinking of settling in and seeing how it goes as a base - looking around at rental apartments now.

It looks pretty straightforward, but if anyone has any suggestions or advice I'd appreciate it.

One big question: how do you go about extending the 30 day tourist visa if your income is derived from trading?

TIA

- palinuro

#305     Dec 22, 2010
  6. Unless there is some change forthcoming, you will need to make a monthly visa run. Exit country and start a new 30 days .

#306     Dec 23, 2010
  7. Rimping,

How many days you can stay max in a year on a multiple entry VISA ?

#307     Nov 24, 2011
  8. Retaildaytrader,

Where do you rent that beach front condo in Colombia ?

#308     Nov 24, 2011