Pattaya - The Ultimate Trading Location

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by retaildaytrader, Nov 28, 2009.

1. BallBag

BallBag

That may be the most tragic thing ever written.

#21     Nov 30, 2009
  2. Rimping

Rimping

Here in Chiangmai and I know also in Bangkok, there are quite some places where you have wireless internet, often it's even free.

When I'm not at home and travel around the better hotels and resorts mostly have WiFi as well.

#22     Nov 30, 2009
  3. Just do a google search pattaya condos for rent.

http://www.google.co.th/search?hl=en&q=pattaya+condos+for+rent&start=10&sa=N

The trick to negotiating in Pattaya is that you always say no to the first few asks and then walk away at some point. Walking away usually lowers the price a bit. If you can pay everything up front in cash, then they can make you an even better deal. There are little tricks to negotiating a deal here and there.

Your only worries here are getting hit by a car and a social disease. Other then that, I can't think of a better place to be. Finding women is certainly not an issue.

#23     Nov 30, 2009
  4. Retaildaytrader, Do you trade US stocks or Thai stocks from there.

#24     Nov 30, 2009
  5. Sit down Clubber Lang as I tell you about the facts of life.

When you are a young guy, of course, you are going to get a lot of women. I was very good looking in my 20s and had a strong build. I benchpressed about 300 lbs...that was my max. As I grew older, working out no longer was about looking good, but simply maintaining health. At some point in your life, those looks do fade no matter how much time in the gym you spend. Grey hair, weight gain, health issues, baldness etc. all become a reality at some point.

In NYC, women are either after your looks, your money or a combination of both. To a certain extent its about personality too.

One thing is for certain. Even if you are a good looking young guy with lots of cash and great personality, there is no way you will be able to get it by different women every day, every week or even every month. You might be lucky to get 6-8 different women a year and thats as a result of trying hard. There are also very few women in the city who will let you fuck them and not take them out. There is a cost associated with each "date" and I would say you will be lucky not to spend at least 100 dollars.

You could go down the marriage route, but as many here and elsewhere can attest, that route is not always the best path.

I am not insecure about your comments in reference to myself because I know you will be in my shoes one day. Its not a matter of if, but when. When it does happen to you...when you too have to go for blood tests every 6 months and monitor your sugar daily...when you too have to struggle about with some type of health condition...remember me and remember this thread. It will be your reality, I can guarantee it.

#25     Dec 1, 2009
  6. lol, well said retaildaytrader

#26     Dec 1, 2009
  7. dude, forget the doubters..i agree with your move, only live once and gotta do what makes you happy..everything in life is a barter anyway..would be naive to think otherwise..just do your thing and share some good stories there:D

#27     Dec 1, 2009
  8. scenic58

scenic58

Has anyone given a thought to the poor illiterate village girls that make up a large part of the prostitute population to whom 1 or 2 thousand baht is a small fortune?

Imagine having sex with, by his own admission, an elderly, balding, overweight "gentleman" with "health issues"

Not a pretty visual by any means.

Also what a lot of people do not realise is that there is almost no rule of law in Thailand that would be recognised by the average westerner.

It is still very third world in that area with corruption still rampant both with the police and the politicians. Just take a look at some of the expat forums to see what I mean.

#28     Dec 2, 2009
  9. maybe hunger and deplorable living conditions never cross our western minds but it seems to be the norm in third world countries..your family dont eat or sell yourself for sex, the choice is pretty obvious and it becomes just like any other job

#29     Dec 2, 2009
  10. Regarding the poor village girl - there are tons of them, spposedly. And - seriously - for them it IS a small fortune. THis is a lot better than getting a cheap hooker in the US, for example.... where the hooker is not getting a "small fortune". Not arguing prostitution is right (though evolution says sort of that it is), but I fail to see how it is worse to give a poor girl what is a LOT of money for her, compared to paying her not too much as it is in much western countries ;)

Plus, seriously, you should see the attitude of the Thai towards prostitution etc. - the culture is simply difference.

Note: I am not into asians ;) So, sorry, just talking as bystanders.

Regarding the laws - that is sort of to be expected. Still, a trader has a lot of advantages regarding a normal expat. A normal expat will try to make a living IN THE COUNTRY, while the trader can keep his money outside... which means he CAN just move on.

#30     Dec 2, 2009