PATS API Automated Trading Interface

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by MikeDip, Dec 8, 2001.

1. MikeDip

MikeDip

I have recently completed an Automated Trading Interface using the PATS API written in Visual Basic. To do this I have written a Visual Basic friendly ActiveX control to wrap the PATS API.

If anyone would like to use this control in their own projects then please email me at patsapi@adiplock.freeserve.co.uk and I will send you a help page. If you're still interested I'll send you the control. This is freeware so no real support offered.

The control provides a simplified interface for obtaining quotes and placing orders. Some of the more complex features of the PATS API have been ignored. The control also reduces the multithreaded PATS API Dll to a single thread interface to keep Visual Basic happy.

The control does not bypass the need to register with PATS and sign their NDA (non-disclosure agreement) to get the basic PATS API. After writing your application you will still need to pass PATS conformance tests before you can connect to your broker's live servers.

The control has been used in an automated and client trading interface that has passed PATS conformance tests.