**Patriots First...Traders Second**

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trader58, Sep 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RELIGION

#101     Sep 16, 2001
  2. ....SUCKS

#102     Sep 16, 2001
  3. dg2000

dg2000

glad to see someone else who isn't brainwashed. i just want to add that being religious may not mean you have a low IQ. there are a lot of smart people who are religous too. i think a lot of people were just raised religious and it is hard for them to change what has become a core belief. like a dog that gets beat its whole life tends to be vicious... having been brought up going to church every sunday tends to keep many people religious as adults....then they have kids and repeat the cycle with them unfortunately..

there is no jesus, there is no satan.....there is no heaven or hell. i bet all you religious people think the greek gods are silly right? well your beliefs are equally silly! no religion is more realistic than any other... bin laden's belief in allah is just as bogus as believing in jesus. no, i'm not defending that bastard.

when you die, your existence is over. there are no spirits or souls... when your body dies, so do you. who you are is a product of your body being alive. anything else is just wishful thinking.. those people who claim to have seen a white light at the end of a tunnel... what do you expect it to be like when your body is dying? your brain is basically getting unplugged..of course it is gonna be a strange experience.

i know i'm way off topic here but i wanna say one more thing... every one of us already knows what it is like to be dead. it is exactly like before birth. this is the ONLY explanation of death with actual evidence. heaven has none.. every one of us has not existed before birth. therefore, i find it unbelievable that so many people forget their own personal knowledge of what it was like before birth and instead believe in a fake thing called heaven with no proof.

prayers do nothing... if it makes you feel better saying them, fine, but really they do nothing.

while i'm at it, evolution is a FACT.

IF YOU'RE RELIGIOUS, START READING SOME SCIENCE BOOKS.

#103     Sep 16, 2001
  4. Jeffrey

Jeffrey

It is a human need to understand how things work. Religion provides answers that science cannot.

Jeffrey

#104     Sep 16, 2001
  5. No intelligent person honestly searching for the truth could possibly look at the complexity of nature and conclude that it was produced randomly through an evolution process.. the only loglical conclusion is that the earth was created by design.. but even if that doesnt convice someone of the reality of a creator, one must only look to Old Testament prophecy to prove or disprove Christianity.. the fact that Israel would become a nation again was predicted in the bible.. and btw, Israel is the only country that has ever been scattered and then reassembled into a country.. the conflict in the middle east was also predicted in the old testament.. the timing and events surrounding the death of Jesus is predicted in the old testament.. many scientists now believe that the flood recorded in the old testament did in fact take place.. as i understand it, the most likely prophecy to be fulfilled next will be the destruction of Damascus.. which "will no longer be a city"..

I understand that many on this board have differing views and I do not intend any disrespect to other religions, including atheism.. but those who assert that all religious people are stupid are simply speaking out of prejudice rather than from any educated conclusion..

why dont we stop attacking one anothers beliefs and resume our discussions about trading..

-qwik

#105     Sep 16, 2001
  6. RELIGION PROVIDES...

LIES

UNTRUTHS

FALSEHOODS

#106     Sep 16, 2001
  7. quik...

Who created the "creator"?

#107     Sep 16, 2001
  8. "there are a lot of smart people who are religous too. i think a lot of people were just raised religious and it is hard for them to change what has become a core belief."

Then they aren't too smart are they to be duped by their upbringing yet never wise up.

#108     Sep 16, 2001
  9. BELIEF

IN

GOD

IS

DUMB

BELIEF

IN

GOD

IS

STUPID

BELIEF

WITHOUT

EVIDENCE

IS

FOOLISH

#109     Sep 16, 2001
  10. Wet

Wet

Bucky,

I am not religious. I am agnostic. I have no idea if there is a God.

But I do not think that to be religious means you are stupid. Your arguments like "who created the creator" are pretty silly and simple minded. If there is a creator, then the creator is uncreated, and encompasses space and time. To exist eternally is to have no beginning, no end. Maybe that's too deep for you. Again, I'm not religious, but you'll have to do better than that to prove to me there's no God. Similarly, the "all caps" stuff is kind of childish, don't you think?

Also, to those that swear there is a God: the "complexity" argument brought up here is an old one, famously used by St. Thomas Aquinas. It's a bad argument. Really. Complexity is no proof of a creator whatsoever.

On both sides, there are good arguments and bad arguments, in my opinion. Nothing persuasive on either side.

Is there a God? I just don't know.

Wet

#110     Sep 16, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.