Patriotism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dealmaker, Apr 9, 2020.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President." Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States.

2. Cuddles

Cuddles

To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or anyone else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about anyone else.
    _teddy

Frederick Foresight likes this.

3. Agree...I don't get this idol worship people have over a person who holds the office with so little actual power.

People here willing to kill their child to defend Obama or Trump...

George Washington refused a 3rd term because he was worried his office was being elevated to King status which is what their revolution fought to remove.

4. If the ultra wealthy and corporations don't stand by their country then neither do I. They continually threaten to leave. Move their headquarters into tax havens like Ireland. Yeah fuck this country.

5. Cuddles

Cuddles

corporations aren't sentient beings, no matter how the IRS categorizes them

6. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

I stand by my great country as well as our president.

smallfil likes this.
  7. Best to check under your shoe.

8. Can you show me a country where the President constantly insults and demeans half of it's citizens ?

9. [​IMG]

10. upload_2020-4-9_12-43-4.jpeg

#10     Apr 9, 2020