Patrick Meehan "The Fool" clueless on U.S. gov't spying on its own citizens!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wilburbear, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Nazi crackdown is underway in the US.

FBI says you may be a terrorist if you surf the web anonymously (apparently your own business is the FBI's business too).

Better get anonymous on the web before such software is declared a "munition" - this declaration has ALREADY been made once before!

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-stonewalls-congress-on-social-media-spying/

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I start using an encrypted VPN next month for my smartphone and desktop.

128-bit RSA all the way to the high bandwidth proxy server. Even my ISP wont be able to decode those packets. I'm sure the FBI can but they would have to install a packet Sniffer and they can't afford to do that for everyone.

3. achilles28

achilles28

Careful Ohms, that's Al Queda talk, right there.

How do you setup a VPN?

4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

You pay a monthly fee and install a client application on phone and desktop that encrypts outgoing packets and decrypts incoming packets.

Its actually quite common for businesses and people who must use public wifi for business purposes or for people overseas who don't want sites blocked by the host country.

Yeah, I'll end up on a list somewhere but I already am for owning an M-14. :D

5. Max E.

Max E.

I use a VPN for all of my trading comps.

6. achilles28

achilles28

Thanks man. If you're a vet, I'd be careful. The Government blacklists returning veterans. It's part of our "New Freedom".

The VPN....is there a proxy server involved? How much does a private network run?

7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

A good VPN can be US $30 per month.

Its just an encrypted connection to a high bandwidth proxy server that will pass everything including cookies.

8. achilles28

achilles28

Sounds good. I think I'll do that

9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Too late. :D :D :D

10. rew

rew

All the patriots today are winding up on the terrorist watch lists. This was predictable.

#10     Feb 16, 2012