Patrick Byrns goes crazy on CNBC

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mahram, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Htrader

Htrader Guest

Flytiger,

You seem to have an unwavering belief in your theories, so you might as well make it pay off you for.

You should max out your credit cards, clear out your savings, take out a 2nd mortgage on your home(if you have one), and put all the money into OTM Dec 05 and Mar 06 ostk calls. If what you describe is true, then ostk is surely headed for 100+, as you have mentioned so many times, and you are bound to make millions.

Seems like the only logical course of action for someone with your beliefs.

#31     Aug 14, 2005
  2. Options will be too pricey as Naked Shorts break ranks and try to protect their own butts. Better bet is to just daytrade it. Remember what I said. They won't (can't) give up w/o a fight.

And they aren't beliefs. They are facts. And if they don't fix it, you've got no markets to trade.

I remember when we wondered if they were on listed exchanges. Now you know, as well as me.

#32     Aug 14, 2005
  3. he accused rocker of insider trading....and pointed out the "fails"... he said the SEC was looking at them in Feb and dropped it. right or wrong nothing insane there. i watched the interview and you couldn't be further from reality. the man "was" and "acted" completely sane. much more than i can say for dylan ratigan who's emotional ranting made even me uncomfortable.

#33     Aug 14, 2005
  4. whoa whoa whoa, we do something like $400 trillion in volume in the forex and I thought we were the biggest market on earth.

am I missing something???

#34     Aug 14, 2005
  5. another crappy company blaming its mistakes on others....why not blame the toothfairy and santa clause or the black helicoptors.

#35     Aug 14, 2005
  6. chud

chud

Anybody have a link to that interview?

#36     Aug 14, 2005
  7. tcosync

tcosync

I saw Byrne's interview with Ron Insana. I thought Byrne handled himself very well and it was a very informative interview. Ron clearly knows what is going on as he did the research for the Dateline piece but mentioned that they could not air the entire taped segment.

I completely agree about how Dylan was trying to downplay the issue and muddle the difference between "shorting" & "naked shorting". What made me laugh was how Maria B. clearly does not understand what naked shorting is by her reaction to Scott Cohen.

#37     Aug 14, 2005
  8. the question is, is if overstock is a good company. Pat would like to muddle the whole thing and put in the naked shorting story but hes sueing for insider trading. Not naked shorting. Pat doesnt dispute the fundamentals on overstock, its horrible. And it makes youi wonder why pat is making a fuss now, did something change. I think there is a bigger story, and its probably not good :D

#39     Aug 14, 2005
  9. The NASD has used insider trading in several cases, i.e. Hillary Shane, etc. Their comment to a colleague is, you guys call it, we have to prove it.

That's probably, I'm guessing, why Byrne said what he did. It's easier to prove.

#40     Aug 14, 2005