Patrick Byrne on Cramer................

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by flytiger, Mar 28, 2008.

1. This, my friends, is how it's done. I've been waiting a long time for this. Read it, study it. Changing calls on the Street.com, violating the uptick rule. This is wonderful. And go back and read the Steinhardt piece. Great theater and market history.

http://www.deepcapture.com/jim-cramer-is-a-complicated-man/

and you guys think you can compete withthis? LOL

2. Too bad, I thought that Cramer had him as a guest on his show when I saw this thread. That would be worth watching!

3. jhithers

jhithers

I am not a Cramer fan, but at the same time Patrick Byrne is a complete whack job. He embodies the "take no responsibility/blame everyone else" philosophy, and if he spent as much time focusing on running a company as he did on his ramblings and crying like a pussy, OSTK's stock price might be the better for it.

Or he could just resign and they could put a competent person in his place.

4. sarahs

sarahs

a good b-school project would be to analyze cramers call record

5. Every aspect of life is governed by written rules and unwritten rules. Cramer teaches the "how to" lessons of the unspoken unwritten rules.

6. gaj

gaj

gotta quote it all since it echoes my feelings perfectly.

OSTK is a good idea, terribly run. (when i was involved with selling things) i wished they had a competent person at the top of the chain to run the company. but he's a complete buffoon.

7. I probably know him better than you. I don't recall him blaming anyone. I recall him, on calls, saying 'my bad.'. You know not of which you speak. This piece has nothing to do w/OSTK. It has to do with a cartel doing wrong and reaping millions.

8. jhithers

jhithers

lol. Of course it has to do with OSTK - PB is the CEO. And if he spent more time running the company properly and less time posting on ET and bitching and whining about conspiracies, etc., the shareholders would be a lot better off.

9. Cake recipes are divided into two categories according to what makes the cake rise. Butter cakes rely primarily on baking powder or baking soda for height. Sponge cakes depend on the air trapped in the eggs during beating.

Butter Cakes include pound cakes and the yellow, white, spice, and chocolate cakes used
    in everything from towering wedding cakes to traditional layered birthday cakes. These cakes use butter, shortening, or oil for moistness and richness and are leavened with baking powder and/or baking soda.

TIP: Before mixing the cake batter, soften the butter so that it mixes easily with the sugar.

This is a beautiful example
    of a butter cake.

Sponge Cakes achieve their high volume from beaten eggs rather than a leavening agent like baking powder. Sponge cakes do not contain butter, shortening, or oil. Angel food cakes are the most popular and are literally fat-free since they use only egg whites, not egg yolks. Yellow sponge cakes are prepared with whole eggs. Chiffon cakes are also lightened with beaten eggs, but they are not true sponge cakes because they contain vegetable oil.

Angel food cake is the most popular
    variety of sponge cake.

TIP: When preparing sponge cakes, be sure to beat the eggs to the proper stage; do not overbeat or underbeat. Handle the beaten eggs gently when folding them into the other ingredients or they will lose air and volume.

Eggs separate more easily when cold, but egg whites reach their fullest volume if allowed to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before beating. Plan ahead!

The baking pan you select can affect a cake recipe.

10. I don't know what else to say. :D :D:D

#10     Mar 28, 2008