Patenting a Superior Trading System

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ripley, Apr 11, 2012.

1. My returns speak for themselves. But the smart money wants bells and whistles along with great returns.

Looks like I will be trademarking the name instead of filing a patent. I didn't really know the difference between both, and I'm sure most Hedge Fund managers out there wouldn't know much about patent filing either.

#11     Apr 12, 2012
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

I am the manager of a small baseball team. I have developed a Secret Proprietary Drafting System, what I can use for taking advantage of undiscovered (and lowly priced) talent when drafting new players. So we get more bang for our bucks and be able to compete against richer teams.

I would like to patent this system, so no other team could use it, thus I can keep my edge. Any help would be appreciated...

P.S.: If you own a team in Boston this time your 12 million bucks offer will be accepted....

#12     Apr 12, 2012
  3. How old is that thread, like 20 years ago ??

#13     Apr 12, 2012
  4. Yeah.. I understand where you are getting at.

But, I never wanted to reveal the inner workings of the system to anyone. I just wanted to trademark the name for marketing purposes.

#14     Apr 12, 2012
  5. Lornz

Lornz

Only if yesterday was three days ago...

#15     Apr 12, 2012
  6. Lornz

Lornz

Why do you want or need to market something that works so incredibly well?

#16     Apr 12, 2012
  7. #17     Apr 12, 2012
  8. Macho

Macho

Is this one of Baron's aliases:D Hits must have dropped.

If not, you should be locked up for your own safety.:mad:

#18     Apr 12, 2012
  9. Dudes, he's up 50%.

#19     Apr 12, 2012
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

So you are asking us if you can trademark a name? Of course, you can.

But you can't trademark a trading strategy, a baseball drafting strategy or a football offensive strategy. End of thread....

#20     Apr 12, 2012