Patak, math and opportunity....

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Jtrader342, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

I agree, the T4 DOM is crap, especially for active scalpers.

#21     Nov 2, 2012
    #22     Nov 2, 2012
  3. There order entry on the T4 I downloaded is horrendous. Seems there has to be a better system out there, but the Ninja Trader is expensive. Maybe worthwhile once one is proven consistent, but not an extra expense to take on initially. The platform may make things more convenient, but it doesn't make you profitable if you are a sub-par trader. At least that would be my impression. However, once you prove consistent, the cost can be justified by the profits and you want to make life a little easier, go for it.

I hope to find a more streamlined platform than the T4 if I decide Futures trading is something I can do profitably and choose to continue.

Thanks,
    J.

#23     Nov 2, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

You can lease Ninja for $50 a month. It's still a cost obviously but it beats the hell out of $625 a month for TT. T4 is fine if you are going to place a few trades a day. It's just awfully clunky if you are getting in and out of stuff really fast all day.

#24     Nov 2, 2012
  5. Cool. I was under the impression Ninja was upwards of $150/month.

Thanks,
    J.

#25     Nov 2, 2012
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

You can buy the lifetime license for 1k. It's yours for life and you can connect it with just about any broker. Or you can simply lease and kick the tires for a month. But don't keep paying for it every month. You'll end up paying the 1k and still not owning it.

#26     Nov 2, 2012
  7. taq

taq

#27     Nov 2, 2012

8. Awesome! Thank you. That gives me alot of info I was looking for in one spot.

Thanks again,
    J.

#28     Nov 2, 2012
  9. If the T4 software is as horrible for order execution as claimed by several here, invest the few dollars it costs you to lease NT.

Don`t become one of the guys who blames T4 for their losing days. :)

Further, it`s possible to apply for custom combines. I know a guy who was recently approved for a $150 K combine with a $10 000 profit target over 10 trading days. The only difference is that the maximum drawdown is $3750 and not $4500.

#29     Nov 2, 2012
  10. T4 is not horrible for order execution... but it is cumbersome for fast-market operations to those accustomed to simpler. That variable can definitely make the difference in results for a day, because many days there are just one or two brief sweet spots for profit, and the remainder is no edge at all.

Ninja is a clean and simple platform to execute trades thru, once you get accustomed to it. The $50 monthly fee is dirt cheap for a business expense where you are targeting five and six figures' potential profit on the back end. Give yourself every possible advantage to prevail, because successful trading in any market is hard enough on its own.

#30     Nov 2, 2012